Do pro hockey, BBall, Soccer teams really need to practice in season?

MadSquabbles500

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Do pro hockey, BBall, and soccer, or even baseball teams really need to practice during the season?

They are not like football with its set plays that requires everyone to be in sync with each other. If you dont have the skill level to play at that level already, then the owners can just replace you. The practice probably is diminishing you as you are spending too much time doing what you are doing instead of resting.

Soccer, Basketball, and hockey practice quite a bit, and play in games quite a bit. If you need to work on something, just go down to the minors. I think they should just get rid of practice during the season.

Of course you have to practice basketball lol

Soccerball and hockey aren't real sports

702551_1280x720.jpg

One of the more absurd questions I've read on this forum in some time...

<{walkerwhut}>

Do pro hockey, BBall, and soccer, or even baseball teams really need to practice during the season?

They are not like football with its set plays that requires everyone to be in sync with each other. If you dont have the skill level to play at that level already, then the owners can just replace you. The practice probably is diminishing you as you are spending too much time doing what you are doing instead of resting.

Soccer, Basketball, and hockey practice quite a bit, and play in games quite a bit. If you need to work on something, just go down to the minors. I think they should just get rid of practice during the season.

<bball1>

But seriously, what can they work on that they cannot already do? They are pros, they should be good at everything. Murican hand egg has set piece plays so it is different than soccer, bball and hockey.

I'll answer for football (soccer)

There are tons of different strategies and formations that you can practice. Then you can practice certain situations, you can practice different kind of defensive styles, you can practice counters, you can practice set pieces (corners, freekicks). In general passing and shooting. Then you also have to stay in shape and lots of coordination exercises are part of the training as well.

Thread is probably not serious though ;)

I'll answer for football (soccer)

There are tons of different strategies and formations that you can practice. Then you can practice certain situations, you can practice different kind of defensive styles, you can practice counters, you can practice set pieces (corners, freekicks). In general passing and shooting. Then you also have to stay in shape and lots of coordination exercises are part of the training as well.

Thread is probably not serious though ;)

But shouldnt you be pretty good, and know all those when you are pro? In a game like soccer, hockey, bball practicing without resistance or with same resistance is not the same when in game because is too fluid. You just need to play in real games more with your teammates to really jell.

nice thought pattern
there's obviously a difference
between football and those three
wrong conclusion tho

soccer, hockey and basketball = olympic sports

olympic = pinnacle of athletism
= pinnacle of sports IQ
= pinnacle of perfection
practice make perfect

this is why there was OUTCRY when iverson DIDN'T practice
surely even the greatest needed to
right?!

american football isn't olympic
but why?!

hmmm...
well, is it hard
does it need practice?

hang on...
isn't "ultimate"
the sport formerly known as ultimate frisbee
based on it?!

don't tell me frisbee takes practice
my dog plays frisbee!

because of science
i hereby conclude american football
or pigskin
does NOT require practice
it's not like it's a real sport...

even snowboarding's in the olympics
THAT takes practice

But seriously, what can they work on that they cannot already do? They are pros, they should be good at everything. Murican hand egg has set piece plays so it is different than soccer, bball and hockey.

There are plays and adjustments you should be making for each team you face in the NBA.

Back