Opinion Do people really like Adolf Hitler?

Do you like Adolf Hitler

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zazen

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I've noticed within the past year or so that people are starting to change their tune about Hitler. All I keep hearing is how misunderstood he was, he just wanted to kill corrupt jew bankers, how much he loved his nation, etc. Where is all this coming from? Nearly every youtube video about Hitler has tons of likes and comments praising him and there's posters here who like him.

People admire his ambition and rise to power. Its unfortunate that he was a Jew-hating monster.

This should explain the recent phenomenon you speak of:

giphy.gif

Sources???

I haven't seen anything like that.

The only admiration I've seen of Hitler (and this is back when I was in school) was his ability to give a speech and to rally his people.

Beyond that: Psycho!

Stop being silly, any sane grounded individual will agree he was a complete fruitcake.

He wasn't a pussy. And in today's day and age, that's admirable.

One thing people don't often take into consideration is how many psychopaths there are in the human population. There are many of them out there who take pleasure in knowing that one man was responsible for the deaths of millions. It's a mental perversion and sadly all too uncommon.

He was a totally evil dude with evil ambitions. He was good at a few things like giving speeches, motivating his people, and mobilizing his government in the early years of his time as head of state. Bottom line, he was effective. The problem was that he was an effective weapon for being totally evil. I think most reasonable people can agree to that.

People like trump who is hitler 2.0. Same shit different asshole.

When people are constantly being sold out by their own governments and having their needs and safety play second fiddle to those of foreigners, anybody starts to look better in comparison. Putin was one of the world's most admired men in the US in recent years. The West has become so pathetically weak that strong leaders capture the imagination. Let's just hope things don't become so bad that we develop a soft spot for Kim Jong Un.

Another thing you have to consider is history is written by the victors so since Hitler lost he was painted in the worst possible light. The Armenian genocide was worse in some ways (not quite as high a death count but they were killed in a more brutal way) but nobody gives a fuck about the Armenians because they lost, hell the Turks even get to pretend it never happened.

Put enough distance between a bad event and the present time, and the impact is greatly reduced. People openly admire Genghis Khan and the martial accomplishments of the Mongolians, for instance, without really thinking about the mass scale of rape and murder that was associated with them. In a couple of decades, it's possible that many people will have the opinion that Hitler was a bad dude, but he also did a lot of good things. Give it centuries, and there might be a lot of people who openly admire him.

(EDIT: wow, looking at some of the posts in this thread, I guess it's happening sooner than I thought. wtf, people!)

Last edited:
Loved CT back in the day. Mephistopheles Omega delivers.

something happened and my game got corrupted right at the end and I couldn't finish it after getting to the end. Up yours Hitler, I mean Chronotrigger cartridge.

Back