Do boxers have better chin then mma fighters?

Rusk

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
On average of course... And forgive my ignorance in advance its just what i see.

Explain to me why am wrong.

They would have to. On one hand you have guys who get hit in the face reguarly, on the other you have guys who for the most part come from grappling backgrounds.

On average of course... And forgive my ignorance in advance its just what i see.

Explain to me why am wrong.

Better chins - no
Bigger gloves - yes

show proof that you are right. where is your data to back up that boxers have better chins.

or is this another boxing/mma thread written by a fucking moron?

I assume you ask because of all the one shot flash KOs in MMA?

A fighter has to learn to take a shot. You really can't just grit your teeth and be tough. You need to be able to see the shots coming.

Personally, and admittedly there are better people you could ask, I think a "chin" is more mental than anything. Some fighters are prepared for a war where they will get hit alot. Its the mentality. Its why Mexican fighters are known to take shots well, because they are prepared to get hit.

That said, sometimes you do see a boxer with the classic small chin and peanut shaped head (think Roy Jones) who you know just isn't going to take a shot well.

I don't think theres a simple answer to your question.

What's the purpose of boxing gloves again?

Because bare knuckle boxing is mostly illegal, and nobody besides Irish travellers would pay to watch a bare knuckle PPV. Hence there is no money in boxing without boxing gloves !

Better chins - no
Bigger gloves - yes

gloves were made to protect the hands. If you ever wore boxing gloves you'd know you can hit a shit tonne harder using them. First time I wore them they felt like little hand-clubs. They're deceptively hard boxing gloves are.

I assume you ask because of all the one shot flash KOs in MMA?

A fighter has to learn to take a shot. You really can't just grit your teeth and be tough. You need to be able to see the shots coming.

Personally, and admittedly there are better people you could ask, I think a "chin" is more mental than anything. Some fighters are prepared for a war where they will get hit alot. Its the mentality. Its why Mexican fighters are known to take shots well, because they are prepared to get hit.

That said, sometimes you do see a boxer with the classic small chin and peanut shaped head (think Roy Jones) who you know just isn't going to take a shot well.

I don't think theres a simple answer to your question.

thanks, its a good answere i thought of some of this things my self

Boxing gloves are designed to protect the hands.

Because bare knuckle boxing is mostly illegal, and nobody besides Irish travellers would pay to watch a bare knuckle PPV. Hence there is no money in boxing without boxing gloves !

See what Zroc and Seano have said.

show proof that you are right. where is your data to back up that boxers have better chins.

or is this another boxing/mma thread written by a fucking moron?

so much anger :icon_neut

there is no proof, its open for discussion

See what Zroc and Seano have said.

I have , they are correct. I was just being sarcastic which to be fair was pretty childish of me, so I apologise.
It's just that I haver never really bought into the "boxers have better chins than mma fighters" argument.

So much wisdom.

It's the gloves, everyone knows that.

if you notice boxers legs get shut usually after being knocked down and given the 8 count. Ive never really seen MMA fighters have their legs get shut. they either get they usually just go completely out. Maybe has to do with the shock sent by the different glove sizes

What's the purpose of boxing gloves again?

Protect the hands from getting broken(which is common given the tininess and general fragility of the bones there). They also disperse the "damage" across a larger point of impact as opposed to a smaller one like MMA gloves.

Back