Do all champs get ppv points?

kmelloh

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I wonder because so many champs ask to fight on big cards. Example if Nicco Montano asking to fight on 226 and others. Do they all line up for this card or do they get ppv points and want to make most $ possible

Last edited:
MM gets jack shit lol not every contract is created equal.

Montano getting PPV points?

3B32A7AC00000578-0-image-m-51_1481715350719.jpg

They get an extra $10,000 Reebok money. These guys need to stop being so greedy.

Most important question is who gets Anderson Silva money

Montonoa? Thats the swordsman with 6 fingers?

Even those that do get PPV points have to sell a certain amount of PPV to get them. With the poor buy rates, I don't think anyone is getting points.

ive heard that WME is now using escalators instead of straight PPV points like the UFC used to do. supposedly even back with Fertittas their was a floor to get any PPV points as well.

450K views is an extra 100G
600K is then another 100G etc.

1. We don’t know but we think so.
2. But points start at a threshold. For example, $3 per PPV for all PPVs sold above 400k. So even if DJ, Montano, Cormier and Conor had that same contract, they would all have totally different paydays for their respective headlined PPVs.

Last edited:
ive heard that WME is now using escalators instead of straight PPV points like the UFC used to do. supposedly even back with Fertittas their was a floor to get any PPV points as well.

450K views is an extra 100G
600K is then another 100G etc.

It was always like that. There is a minimum it has to sell before that points start.

MM gets jack shit lol not every contract is created equal.
Actually he does now. He has for his last few fights I believe. But he definitely didn't for his first chunk of title defenses so the answer to TS's question is still no. Highly doubt Namajunas or Montano get PPV points yet, would also be surprised if Nunes, Dillashaw and Whittaker do.

that is what he asked for since he knows his PPV draw is so small
Mighty Mouse might as well get 100% of ppv points. They only start around 500k buys so he has no chance of getting anything.

Back