Dj resume is better than fedor

Just becuase you don't know anything about Dj opponent doesn't mean fedor is remotely close to Dj level.
Striking: Dj got better boxing,way better kicks,way better footwork and striking defense,way more variety on feet
Wrestling: Dj
Bjj: Dj
Why do you think "Strength of Schedule" is applied to both collegiate and pro football rankings/draft picks ETC? The same applies to this discussion. Fedor dominated world class champions of many different disciplines/strengths/styles

Fedor would be hired over DJ in any mma promotion or any sports entertainment promotion in the last 20 or the next 20 years.

Billy O' interviews DJ.

tenor.gif

Fedor would flick DJ like a little booger across the arena

Man it's like the shit posters are competing for the number one spot here recently on sherdog... Easily one of the most assinine threads in a while.

dj is obviously way more skilled than fedor but what about their resume? Many people think fedor win is easily but is not when you think about it.

Note: greater /= better

Title defenses:
Dj defended the title 11 times.
Fedor defended the title 3 times.
Winner: Dj
Top wins:
Fedor: prime big nog x3, prime cro cop,way past prime 40 years old Coleman,past prime randleman,out of shape Sylvia,prime arlovski,mark hunt.

Dj: JoeB x2, Cejudo,Dodson x2,Torres, semi prime kid Yamamoto,Wilson Reis.horiguchi

Comparasion:
*Cejudo > mark Coleman: Cejudo got better wrestling,better top control and way better striking.
*JoeB > cro cop: joeB technical striking is on par with cro cop but joeb is way better at bjj and wrestling.
*horiguchi > arlovski: horiguchi is way more technical on feet.
*kid Yamamoto > mark hunt
* Torres > Sylvia: better at every area.
*dodson > randleman.
Big nog > reis.

Winner: Dj becuase his opponents are more skilled and got more top wins.

Losses:
Fedor: 5
Dj: 2
Winner : Dj

Streak:
Winner: fedor

Conclusion: fedor got longer streak and beat "greater" fighter but Dj got better top wins(more skilled)and defended the title way more

Fedor's propensity for fighting cans is his biggest black mark. That and the fact he should have lost to Arona in RINGS.

Fedor beat the bigger names, but HW is always going to be more popular than Flw. But anyone who thinks HW is more skilled is fucking delusional

This guy got you Fedor fanbabies SHOOK
DJ's resume ain't better than Bispings tho
Come back when DJ beats somebody on Silva's level
or with more KO power than Hendo
or a better all round fighter than Rockhold.

Fedor's propensity for fighting cans is his biggest black mark. That and the fact he should have lost to Arona in RINGS.

Fedor beat the bigger names, but HW is always going to be more popular than Flw. But anyone who thinks HW is more skilled is fucking delusional
Dj could be the most skilled fighter in the history of human existence and Fedor would still LITERALLY kill him

Dj could be the most skilled fighter in the history of human existence and Fedor would still LITERALLY kill him

We'll never know.

But even if that were true, that's just a matter of size, which is something you can't really train. If you took MM and made him Fedor's size with all the same tools he has now, DJ embarrasses Fedor.

Personally I don't count size as a criteria for greatness since it has nothing to do with skill/talent/hardwork

This guy got you Fedor fanbabies SHOOK
DJ's resume ain't better than Bispings tho
Come back when DJ beats somebody on Silva's level
or with more KO power than Hendo
or a better all round fighter than Rockhold.

Didn't Bisping just get shit on by two WW's back to back?

Stipe would ko fedor stiff.
Your point?

Ahh, no he wouldn't. Fedor would very likely knock Stipe out. If the fight happened in pride I would actually worry about Stipe getting seriously hurt

Just becuase you don't know anything about Dj opponent doesn't mean fedor is remotely close to Dj level.
Striking: Dj got way better boxing,way better kicks,way better footwork and striking defense,way more variety on feet
Wrestling: Dj
Bjj: Dj
Could beat DJ, Benavidez, Cejudo, and Horiguchi at the same time: Fedor

Fedor has beaten multiple Olympic medalists, K1 champions, ADDC champions and champions of other combat sports, as well as fighters who have been champions in the Premier MMA organizations (Pride FC, UFC, Strikeforce, Rings, Pancrase).

I don't know man...

I like DJ. I really do. I just can't say he has the best resume ever. He has fought some credible opponents, and he's looked great doing so, but 125 is a really shallow division. It just is. The talent pool just isn't there. I'm sorry, but I just disagree. There's like 2 125ers with legit ko power. Most of his title defenses they've had to try to convince me how credible his opponent is because I've never heard of him.

I think DJ is very talented, but I think part of what makes fighters eligible for "goat status" is being in real danger and persevering in spite of it. You compared him to Fedor...who has DJ fought that could turn his lights out with one shot? Better yet, who has he fought that could turn anyone's lights out on the planet with one shot? DJ's list is next to non-existent. Fedor's list is massive.

I'm not knocking what he's done, and I'll probably catch heat for this, but as much as I like DJ, I think he's overrated. 125 is not a terribly deep division, and the danger just isn't the same as it is at the higher weightclasses. They keep trying to cram this p4p stuff down my throat and I just don't buy it. DJ's goat staus is a product of the UFC hype machine.

Back