DJ beat Wilson Reis (10th defense) and Ray Borg (11th defense) to break Andy’s title defenses record

Andy took anabolic steroids to set Andy’s title defenses record.

Let that sink in.

I love Andy, but wasn't his last title defense Stephan Bonner? That was to set the record at 10, right? Stephan was good, but he wasn't in line - he just helped out a card. Is that really better than MM who's taking on those in line? It wasn't Andy's fault, but he did have some defences that were better than others. Like they all do.

But a 23-10 (9 of those 10 losses he was finished too) Chael Sonnen was a good win for Anderson?

At the time he had TrT coming out of his eyeballs and was manhandling everybody in the division... even guys who were historically good grapplers (Marquart and Okami). Maybe you weren't watching then...

Last edited:
I love Andy, but wasn't his last title defense Stephan Bonner? That was to set the record at 10, right? Stephan was good, but he wasn't in line - he just helped out a card. Is that really better than MM who's taking on those in line? It wasn't Andy's fault, but he did have some defences that were better than others. Like they all do.
That was at LHW, not a title defense

How many top 5 or even top 10 fights has he beaten?
All of DJ’s wins since the belt have been top contenders hence top 5. Seriously, think before you post.

<seedat>

All of DJ’s wins since the belt have been top contenders hence top 5. Seriously, think before you post.

<seedat>
I was asking how many top 5 wins Reis has. Get the context first.

Guy won a Jiu Jitsu World Championship and the Elite XC Bantamweight belt. He is an accomplished fighter, not some mechanic that can take a punch.
EliteXC lol, and that too BW. Might as well give Roger Gracie a shot at the HW title.

That was at LHW, not a title defense
Ahh sh*t! My mistake, well he too had a few guys that were lesser defenses than others (Maia, Lutter, Chael, in hindsight). Give MM time, afterall he seems to be getting better where Anderson is getting worse (albeit natural aging).

Guy won a Jiu Jitsu World Championship and the Elite XC Bantamweight belt. He is an accomplished fighter, not some mechanic that can take a punch.
My bad. He has also won WFE and Extreme Force titles. And made it to the Bellator semis like 20 times. I can see why DJ wanted to fight him.
He would crush any FLW not named Johnson. Definitely not a can. Clearly a P4P great.

I don't think Bonnar was a title defence. Just a fight at LHW.

Anderson is a fraud and has losses to cans. Let that sink in

Calling Wilson Reis a can exposes your ignorance.

Do some research and let that sink in.

A one-dimensional Jiu-Jitsu guy. That did very good in elite xc.
It has not done anything of note since then.

Mighty Mouse and Anderson both fought in weak divisions.

It's a mentality that comes from boxing. It has always been with MMA since the addition of weight classes.
Not to mention all the best combatants have done it throughout history with the exception of heavyweights wh are too big to go down.

Back