Dissent in the ranks on the MMA side of ONE Championship

I honestly don't know why any MMA prospect signs with ONE FC. It's a muay thai promotion more or less that has the odd MMA fight almost as a showcase/exhibition/sideshow, and has a roster of about 30 fighters across all weight classes.

He'd be a solid pick up for UFC or Bellator

Bigdash probably already in talks with ACA. Moraes to UFC or Bellator to fight at 135. Maybe even 125 in UFC.

I'm anti UFC monopoly but ONE is doing themselves no favors in the west or with hardcores trying to like them with this crap. I'm wondering if ONE would even try to fight an MMA fighter breaking their contract. MMA is clearly their lowest priority and they probably don't want to fight a legal battle given their financial situation. They probably would, ironically as a PR move but I'm not 100%.

Any fighter signed to ONE who isn’t booking a training trip to Thailand is out of their mind. You can almost guarantee if they went to Thailand for a fr]ew months, they’d get a bout agreement sent their way. Get sponsors to pay for it.

I'm wondering if ONE would even try to fight an MMA fighter breaking their contract
They stopped a Strawweight, on a one fight contract, from competing in the UFC because their contract had a six month hold on her. Not even a rights matching, just a hold. She last fought in August, would have fought in UFC in November. Meanwhile, the girl she beat just fought a month ago, and has another fight booked for June.

ONE needs to get rid of MMA and just focus on Muay Thai and Kickboxing. It’s bullshit they’re able to hold up fighters careers like this.
They do it to some of the kickboxers and MT fighters, too.

Any fighter signed to ONE who isn’t booking a training trip to Thailand is out of their mind. You can almost guarantee if they went to Thailand for a fr]ew months, they’d get a bout agreement sent their way. Get sponsors to pay for it.
There's some MMA fighters signed to ONE who're training in Thailand who haven't received any bout offers.

There's some MMA fighters signed to ONE who're training in Thailand who haven't received any bout offers.
Fabricio Andrade is full time in Thailand with no fights in a long time. I think it's a money thing, whoever has an expensive contract isn't getting fights since they don't have the funds to have them all active

Yet, fighters who are based in Thailand seem to be those who are getting fights more often, or quick turnarounds, so it wouldn’t hurt for fighters to make the trip, get some training in

Moraes is not fighting at 125 for the UFC, no way Jose!

Bigdash probably already in talks with ACA. Moraes to UFC or Bellator to fight at 135. Maybe even 125 in UFC.

I'm anti UFC monopoly but ONE is doing themselves no favors in the west or with hardcores trying to like them with this crap. I'm wondering if ONE would even try to fight an MMA fighter breaking their contract. MMA is clearly their lowest priority and they probably don't want to fight a legal battle given their financial situation. They probably would, ironically as a PR move but I'm not 100%.

One had so much potential, too bad what its become. Hopefully someone from Asia with deep pockets will scoop them up and revive the scene over there.

Lets hope Rizin will be the one and bring back the days of PRIDE.

giphy.webp

No, he didnt.
Yes, he did. He fought at 125 for years before ONE introduced its weight policy. He had already won and lost the ONE belt for the first time before they introduced it. He made *125* like 15+ times.

Maybe he's too old at this point, it's especially common for flyweights to move up as they age but that doesn't make the aforementioned any less true.

Fabricio Andrade is full time in Thailand with no fights in a long time. I think it's a money thing, whoever has an expensive contract isn't getting fights since they don't have the funds to have them all active
Fabricio Andrade got KO'ed in a main event like 4 months ago. Not a huge surprise he hasn't fought since.

Fabricio Andrade got KO'ed in a main event like 4 months ago. Not a huge surprise he hasn't fought since.
In kickboxing, but he is a full time MMA fighter nowadays, why was he booked in kickboxing anyway

Back