Dillon Danis

JonJonesLines

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I see he's been spending some time with the Penn State wrestlers. Smart move bringing in a guy like David Taylor to prepare for ADCC.

For those that don't know, David Taylor is a 2x NCAA champion and 4x finalist. He's also been super close to making the world/Olympic teams on numerous occasions. His knowledge of wrestling is out of this world and one of the few guys I would shell out serious cash to learn from.

There are videos of him wrestling with Taylor or it is a rumor?

Does he really need a wrestler as good as Taylor to improve his wrestling? Wouldn't any D1 wrestler do the trick? David Taylor is really using his time working with some jiu jitsu guy who needs to learn to wrestle, rather than, say, preparing for international competition or working as an assistant coach? I just don't get why the best collegiate team in the country would just have some beginners show up to train.

Does he really need a wrestler as good as Taylor to improve his wrestling? Wouldn't any D1 wrestler do the trick? David Taylor is really using his time working with some jiu jitsu guy who needs to learn to wrestle, rather than, say, preparing for international competition or working as an assistant coach? I just don't get why the best collegiate team in the country would just have some beginners show up to train.
maybe cause David Taylor realizes Dillion is his ticket to getting into Conor's entourage so he's trying to grease the wheels early?

i dont think hes at penn st, i think taylor is in NY right now

and if he is in NY i doubt its just to train with danis, hes probably just getting some training in while hes there but who knows

i dont think hes at penn st, i think taylor is in NY right now

and if he is in NY i doubt its just to train with danis, hes probably just getting some training in while hes there but who knows

He's getting paid to train with him, just like Danis did with Bo Nickal and DT when he went to PSU and when they came for the Bellator at MSG.

Because he's getting paid lol plus it increases his networking ability. The world championships just ended a month ago and the next big international tournament is in 4 months. He's not going to be an assistant coach until he finishes his competition career.

I think he brought DT in for his size, his teaching ability, and his ability to scramble. Those 3 things are unparalleled in the wrestling community save Cael (who'd never do it), Nickal (whose DT Lite and has class), and Kyle Snyder (who is a different monster than even Cael and Danis would get nothing out of).

I would pay a lot of money for a lot of guys.. Sadulaev, Ramonov, Tsabolov, Khinchegashvili, Gadisov, Bekbulatov.. too many ahah: benefits of being knowing Russian :p

Smart move though, especially because he is a folkstyle guy. He can use some riding positions or whatever to implement into his bjj game. I heard that Danis had good wrestling, but each match I have seen him in looked like he sucked at being able to take guys down lol.

Train with just any wrestler, or David Taylor? Who's near you...

Why is this even... Nvm

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back