Diet & Extra Exercise (w/ Kickboxing)

lahtel

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
So recently I've gone back to kickboxing, I train 3 times a week (75-90 minutes per class).
I'm 1.81 and 81kg but I got a significant amount of body fat and I wanna burn it down. Any tips on the diet? How many meals a day, what kind of meals etc? Also what other kind of exercise on day off can I do to help the process? Any pull ups etc?

PS: I got some whey protein left from my brother (gold standard from optimum nutrition). Would it help w/ kickboxing or it doesn't really help on that kind of activity?

If you want to lose weight at your size you probably need to stay under 1800 net calories per day. A 90 workout will burn 1000-1500 calories, maybe more so those days you could eat probably 2500-3000 and need at least 100 grams of protein, ideally more. If you don't work out, stay under 1800. Protein shake after you workout would be helpful. More for lifting but it will help after most workouts. Otherwise, lots of lean meats, fish, eggs and vegetables, fruit and as little processed food as possible.

Am I supposed to consume the protein only on workout days? If so, should I do that after lunch and after the kickboxing class? Or is there another way, more ideal?

Am I supposed to consume the protein only on workout days? If so, should I do that after lunch and after the kickboxing class? Or is there another way, more ideal?
Keep everything (macro-nutrients) the same, as long as you are in a caloric deficit its fine. You'll lose weight.

Meal timing isn't important, you won't "lose muscle" because you missed the "20 min window". As long as you get your total daily calories and macros in, you'll be fine.

The-Pyramid-Of-Nutrition-Priorities-Rippedbody.com_.png

I would also recommend more smaller meals / consistent low calorie snacking vs 2 or 3 giant high caloric meals. It doesn't really affect your metabolism but it does keep your blood sugar a bit more level. Since you'll be new to a caloric deficit that can cause spikes/dips in blood sugar levels leading to overeating. Also, be sure to eat a proper breakfast and not skip it or eat crap.

Alright, thank you all for the quick replies and the tips.

Back