Diesel Breakdown | UFC 220 – Miocic vs Ngannou

AndyMaBobs

Sherdog Retiree
@Brown
Reaction score
You know the drill by now my honeys.

This time we've even got some grappling information in there (but I'm not tight with F12 like I am with you guys) so here it goes.

Inb4 j123 provokes ARIZE.

UFC 220 was an exciting and frightful affair. With no UFC heavyweight champion defending the UFC belt more than twice (a fact making Fedor Emelianenko’s legendary heavyweight win streak all the more impressive), it seemed like the division was well and truly cursed. With part time firefighter Stipe Miocic about to face off against the ferocious power puncher Francis Ngannou, many fans believed that the curse would prevail.

Noise around Ngannou was deafening, with fight fans so focussed on Ngannou’s power that they figured there was no way Stipe’s chin could hold up, but here we are a week on and Stipe Miocic is now the most accomplished UFC heavyweight champion of all time.

Stipe and Francis both rode into the octagon with impressive win streaks. Ngannou was 6-0 in the UFC with all of the wins by stoppage, and Stipe was riding a 5 fight win streak over some of the best in the division, again all by stoppage.

The key difference being while Ngannou was gassing out in the second round against Curtis Blaydes before a doctor’s stoppage between rounds, Stipe had gone for five rounds against Mark Hunt – a truly ferocious counter puncher with atomic bombs in both hands.

Francis Ngannou was a big scary counter puncher, who wants you to swing at him so that he can knock your lights out with a well-placed counter right or counter uppercut. Unfortunately, it was also clear as day that he didn’t have the gas tank to keep up that game for long.

There was a clear path to victory, and it was by and large the same path Stipe had walked against Mark Hunt. Take Ngannou into deep water and drown him.

___

The rest is here and we talk about beating a power puncher and tiring the giant.

https://www.dieselgym.co.uk/diesel-breakdown-ufc-220-miocic-vs-ngannou/

Inb4 j123 provokes ARIZE.
tenor.gif

Back