did Michael Jackson want to be white?

I find it strange that black people love MJ when he didn’t even want to be black! That’s some automatic disqualification from the blacks family I would have thought

some say no. but I find it strange that he
He did have vertiligo (autopsy confirmed it) but he also used a ton of bleaching like Sosa to whiten his skin and had plastic surgery so many times on his nose that it became deformed and he had to cover it with a mask. So I think he wanted to look 'white'.

He did have vertiligo (autopsy confirmed it) but he also used a ton of bleaching like Sosa to whiten his skin and had plastic surgery so many times on his nose that it became deformed and he had to cover it with a mask. So I think he wanted to look 'white'.

with all the pressure of being the greatest pop star of all time I am sure vertiligo affected him badly. throw in that pepsi accident that got him hooked onto drugs (or more drugs) and who knows what he wanted to be. maybe he just wanted to live up to everybody's expectation.

I mean he was raised in a period where racism was openly practiced. MTV didn't want to put the video "Billie Jean" and it was only because the president of MJ's record company threatened to go public with MTV's stance on racial discrimination that forced MTV to play it. Think about that.. Billie Jean. from the Thriller album. We're talking prime MJ as he was hitting his megastar status. And they didn't want to play his music video...

Can't really blame anybody for wanting to be "white" back then.

I don't think so.

He seemed proud of his blackness and didn't disown it. He did not want a white actor to portray him.

With that said, I am sure he had some body image issues. I hear Joe Jackson didn't want them dating darkskin people or something. Papa Joe also made fun of their big noses.

But also... let's not conflate him with Sammy Sosa. Domincans have a LOT of colorism and self-hate over there, it's sad. Sosa doesn't have vitilago, he just wants to look Europeanized.

I mean he was raised in a period where racism was openly practiced. MTV didn't want to put the video "Billie Jean" and it was only because the president of MJ's record company threatened to go public with MTV's stance on racial discrimination that forced MTV to play it. Think about that.. Billie Jean. from the Thriller album. We're talking prime MJ as he was hitting his megastar status. And they didn't want to play his music video...
Can't really blame anybody for wanting to be "white" back then.

Yeah its crazy that MTV was racist right up till 1980s and didn't want to play MJ's music or r&b more generally.

Did you create an account just to talk exclusively about Michael Jackson? Its the second thread you have created since joining on thursday

TS is really Macaulay Culkin

giphy.gif

yes, i think it's obvious. i can't see how anyone would disagree. you see the same thing with people from asia. plastic surgery, afraid to go out in the sun, etc.

Michael Jackson changed from being a black boy into a white woman. Craziest damn thing I ever saw...

In all seriousness, he definitely had some body image issues and was crazier than shit. The last 20 years of his life were extremely troubled (not saying that the earlier years weren't), and that's one person who I wouldn't want to trade places with no matter what.

MJ shouldn't be disrespected like this imo. Mods close this thread.

No, he was just very self conscious and trying to hide his Vitiligo.

And there is no question he had Vitiligo, it usually first shows up on the hands and then progresses, you can see it in these old photos.

-The-Vitiligo-Proof-michael-jackson-32272003-330-433.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

No, he was just very self conscious and trying to hide his Vitiligo.

And there is no question he had Vitiligo, it usually first shows up on the hands and then progresses, you can see it in these old photos.

-The-Vitiligo-Proof-michael-jackson-32272003-330-433.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

If he was just trying to hide his vitiligo, why did he have his his lips thinned, nose completely changed, hair straightened etc?

I honestly don't feel like he cared about race. I don't think he hated being black, nor did he want to be white.
Maybe he had an image in my mind of how he wanted to look...but i don't think that had much to,do,with race.

And he had that skin disease, and the fire, and the drugs, and the nose surgery..it all contributed.

And straightening your hair does not mean you want to be white.
A LOT of black women do it. And many black male entertainers were doing it as well from way back in the day.
Prince and James Brown didn't want to be white
Straight hair is easier to manage, and "looks" more acceptable

I honestly don't feel like he cared about race. I don't think he hated being black, nor did he want to be white.
Maybe he had an image in my mind of how he wanted to look...but i don't think that had much to,do,with race.

And he had that skin disease, and the fire, and the drugs, and the nose surgery..it all contributed.

And straightening your hair does not mean you want to be white.
A LOT of black women do it. And many black male entertainers were doing it as well from way back in the day.
Prince and James Brown didn't want to be white
Straight hair is easier to manage, and "looks" more acceptable
If Justin Bieber dyed his skin dark brown and said it was to hide a skin disorder. got a perm, surgery to make his lips bigger and nose wider, what would you think?

If Justin Bieber dyed his skin dark brown and said it was to hide a skin disorder. got a perm, surgery to make his lips bigger and nose wider, what would you think?
Does Bieber have a skin disease? It is confirmed that Jackson did
Again, the hair is really not that abnormal..except the length and girlish style. Snoop Dogg was walking around with his hair down like that for a while

I don't see Jackson as a normal guy. Beiber isn't some musical genius, or great thinker, or tortured soul..so it would obviously be a race thing if he did a transformation
I dont believe Jackson thought like most people thought on a variety of things. I believe he really didn't think anything was wrong with sleeping in the same bed with kids, and i don't think he was trying to be white.
I know how it looks. But Jackson wasn't a normal thinking guy

Back