Did John Fury cost Tyson Fury the fight? Told him to "coast"

I wonder would it be better to have the score displayed in real time like in a normal sports match, so everyone knows "fighter X needs a KO now to win" forcing the losing fighter to go for the KO if there is more than 1 point in it going into the final round?

Would certainly sort the wheat from the chaff, often fighters obviously way down on the cards are content to cruise to a loss rather than roll the dice. I still feel robbed of a great finale here in what was supposed to be the fight of the century. Tyson was supposed to kill or be killed in that last round and we all knew it.

John Fury: "be sensible", "don't get involved", "light punches"
Andy Lee: "win these two rounds you've won the fight"

It's an extremely dangerous game that mong cornermen play far too regularly. The cartoon figure of Fury senior is not alone in doing it.

I wish some deity would run an experiment where they go back through every fight to have ever happened but this time Mike Perry's girlfriend is one of the corners.

Sure, on balance, actual corners are going to have a big advantage, but I guarantee there have also been plenty of fights where the fighter was better off being told absolutely nothing than whatever nonsense their corner was spewing.

Just listen to Sugar.

Your old man is retarded.

And maybe don't get fat as shit in between fights.

And maybe drill the basics as hard as Usyk does.

Maybe I'm too old school but Fury had too many voices in his ear.

I have doubts SugarHill returns for the rematch, which I think will be a mistake.

Back