Did Jimmy Smith just call that fight a wipeout? lol

sgtpepper

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Usman definitely won four rounds but that was so far from a wipeout, lol.

Hopefully with time, Jimmy will become a better at being a commentator and post-fight interviewer. He's still new but he ain't in bellator anymore.

Usman definitely won four rounds but that was so far from a wipeout, lol.

Hopefully with time, Jimmy will become a better at being a commentator and post-fight interviewer. He's still new but he ain't in bellator anymore.

Jimmy called things more honestly in Bellator. I think he's trying to hard to impress his corporate overlords at this time. He's gone down hill in a big way. Too bad.

Jimmy Smith aka fake Joe Rogan

<30>

I didnt care one way or another about Jimmy Smith until last night. His commentary sucked and he didn't give Maia credit for anything. I almost changed the channel.

He jumped the shark big time. I hate when he kisses up to Rogan or Anik, it's like UFC color commentators who aren't fighters (with the exception of Brian Stann) all try to impersonate Rogan and lose all their dignity.

So, what should he have said? "You won four rounds, and it was a decisive win, but take us through that one round that you lost, and actually, dude, you were not that impressive, do you even Sherdog, bro?"

Jimmy Smith aka fake Joe Rogan

<30>
Toad Rogan

LuUxrNr.jpg

I agree with Jimmy, Maia didn’t do anything but run away and dive for desperate takedowns. Round 1 was his best round and after that he was in survival mode

It wasn't just Jimmy Smith, Karyn Bryant and Kenny Florian were shilling that fight on the desk big time. There's a reason why Karyn kept her job while Ariel got fired, aside from the fact that Ariel is ugly. Karyn is 100% certifiable corporate shill.

I agree with Jimmy, Maia didn’t do anything but run away and dive for desperate takedowns. Round 1 was his best round and after that he was in survival mode

...And round 1 wasn’t even that great.

I mean the commentators are obviously supposed to push certain fighters. They just do what the 4 billion overlords tell them.

Usman outlanded Maia over 2:1 and Maia never landed double digits in strikes again after round 1. He got dominated

It depends on how you interpret "wipe out". Usman didn't put a beating on Maia but he was in control of the fight all the way through.

The term "wipe out" is open to interpretation. While Usman did play it super safe, he still dominated the fight on the score cards by winning four rounds to one (and only losing that one by a hair) and rendering Maia helpless by negating everything that he did.

Who gives a fuck? Did he beat him down? No. Did he dominate the fight from a positional and numbers perspective? Obviously.

He jumped the shark big time. I hate when he kisses up to Rogan or Anik, it's like UFC color commentators who aren't fighters (with the exception of Brian Stann) all try to impersonate Rogan and lose all their dignity.

Pretty sure Smith has a pro record of like 5-1

Back