Did Frank Shamrock build Strikeforce??

Buffmeister

RINYA NAKAMURA
@Black
Reaction score
Royce put the UFC on the map.

Ok...so the name Shamrock was still a household name in mma at this time.
Ken surely was the better known guy between them, just because of his old UFC past and his WWF run...Frank once tried his hands on a horrible martial arts movie, that is bad bad bad...i think Randy is in there, Dan...it was something with:
"..of the.." (...somebody got me help out there...)

Whatever...

In 2006 Strikeforce held their very first own MMA Event which was also the very first (regulated) MMA Event in California.

The Main Event was...
Frank Shamrock vs Ceasar Gracie....Ceasar got decked inside 0:22 into the very 1st round.

Cung Le was also on this card, making his MMA debut, winning by KO in the 1st round...
StrikeforceShamrockVsGracieEventPoster (1).jpg
Shamrock was coming back from another layoff, in this case he had fought Sinosic at a K1 Event which was 3 years ago!
And before that he had a 1 year or so layoff after the Tito fight) when he wanted to come back he was in contact with Scott Coker and they went together.
Cung Le was fighting out of San Jose, California.
So was Frank Shamrock...

Actually, both were fighting out AKA.
And Frank is the 1st UFC Champ from AKA, if im correct.

Shamrock did headline all of his Strikeforce fights, which were 4 between 06-09..
s-l1600.jpg
SFshamrockdiaz.jpg 80d2f95d79c6c806e663d2036cc44e23.jpg StrikeforceShamvsBarn_banner.jpg
s-l500.jpg
Cung's first Main Event fight was against against none other than Shamrock himself.
But he fought on 5 other Main Cards before and Cung was fucking over!!!!

Making his debut at the very 1st Srikeforce MMA and ran a train on the other guys
cung-le-autograph-in-person-signed-photograph-27192108908693_1600x.jpg
He crushed Frank and his arm, Main Evented the next Card against Scott Smith and got finished by Smith via crushing punches in the 3rd round after winning every other second before...in dominant fashion.

Revenged it one Fight later...by some crazy spinning kick on Scotts liver...

In 2008 Strikeforce got its first show on cable...HDNet
Same year they got a deal with NBC
A year later they bought EliteXC and got the EliteXC Deal with Showtime...

Both guys were in fun fights (Frank in the Main Event) at this time and Cung was putting on massive highlights and both guys were there from the beginning.

Good houses and the crowd was wild when they fought...

...so who put Strikeforce on the map?

Le?
Shamrock?
A California based organization featuring 2 guys fighting out of California

...who else was there?
maybe Melendez?...

He was on the first shows and had a couple of fights in Japan, before and between...

Josh Thompson?...who was crazy good at this time

All of them fought at the first Event and all of them were all over the place at like...lets say..the first 10 Events

Both guys were in an outstanding back and forth fight series with each other, watch it,
and were trading the belt back and forth

Never forget about Diaz...but he was with EliteXC at this time...

Attachments

• gilbert-melendez.jpg
    gilbert-melendez.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20091221120057_IMG_8679.jpeg
    20091221120057_IMG_8679.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 1
I don't think so. I think personally, getting Fedor put them on the world map. Because as good as Shamrock was, I don't think he had the pull like Fedor used to or Royce in earlier UFC.

For example, Bellator had Masvidal and Eddie in their very first inaugural card, but they really didn't build Bellator. I guess Eddie had a big part though, but Eddie never had much of a following. We knew he was a good lw, but he wasn't really a star.

I don't think so. I think personally, getting Fedor put them on the world map. Because as good as Shamrock was, I don't think he had the pull like Fedor used to or Royce in earlier UFC.
I see your point....

I was more leaning towards 06-09 when Strikeforce was starting out and getting bigger...getting their Deals.
All this didnt come from nowhere

For example, Bellator had Masvidal and Eddie in their very first inaugural card, but they really didn't build Bellator. I guess Eddie had a big part though, but Eddie never had much of a following. We knew he was a good lw, but he wasn't really a star.
With Bellator, i think...
It was a GP Format from the beginning they didnt put a guy on the poster...saying this is the Main Event, the GP was standing in focus...

I see your point....

I was more leaning towards 06-09 when Strikeforce was starting out and getting bigger...getting their Deals.
All this didnt come from nowhere

With Bellator, i think...
It was a GP Format from the beginning they didnt put a guy on the poster...saying this is the Main Event, the GP was standing in front...

I don't know, it's hard to say you know, and Royce was only there because Gracie picked him too. And it could have been any other Gracie I think. I don't really think he built the UFC the way they did, it was Ferritas who pushed their product. Maybe you give Dana some credit too.

For me, I knew of Strikeforce, but it was when they acquiired Fedor that I was like woah

Now I get you're posts. you're a newer MMA fan.

No one thinks Fedor made Strikeforce... He showed up, 2010? edit November 2009

I don't know, it's hard to say you know, and Royce was only there because Gracie picked him too. And it could have been any other Gracie I think. I don't really think he built the UFC the way they did, it was Ferritas who pushed their product. Maybe you give Dana some credit too.

For me, I knew of Strikeforce, but it was when they acquiired Fedor that I was like woah

the whole EliteXC (Nick, Lawler..) Fedor M1 come together with Showtime where definetly big for this Company...

...i do must say, i read an article which was really good...some good time ago about Frank and his part with Strikeforce in the early going
He was doing a good amount, getting the Ceasar fight i think, for the first Event...

Talking about 06-09...the beginning years

the whole EliteXC (Nick, Lawler..) Fedor M1 come together with Showtime where definetly big for this Company...

...i do must say, i read an article which was really good...some good time ago about Frank and his part with Strikeforce in the early going
He was doing a good amount, getting the Ceasar fight i think, for the first Event...

Talking about 06-09...the beginning years

I don't know, I don't think Frank was a big enough name to really carry an organization like Fedor. I'm sure they wanted him to, but it was Fedor that showed the world that they can really get the big names, or so I thought.

I mean it was forever ago, you know, so hard to say. But Frank was a great fighter in his prime, but you know, it just wasn't the same. He was so inactive, and older. I wasn't sure so I looked it up, he fought twice, twice in like 7 years prior to his return.

uh huh uh huh

fairly sure YOU are a newer MMA fan.

Your post about Fedor being what put SF on the map made me chuckle. Fedor joined SF well after it was well established and did not "JOIN" as much as he co promoted M1 global events for his main event fights.

Great TS post that is being trolled though, yes I'd say between Shamrock and Le.

Your post about Fedor being what put SF on the map made me chuckle. Fedor joined SF well after it was well established and did not "JOIN" as much as he co promoted M1 global events for his main event fights.

oh yeah? I think your reading comprehension needs some work, and find out what putting something on the map means, because it's clear you don't get it.

But if you think I'm newer fan, feel free to think that way. It's wrong, but oh well, you do you.

oh yeah? I think your reading comprehension needs some work, and find out what putting something on the map means, because it's clear you don't get it.

But if you think I'm newer fan, feel free to think that way. It's wrong, but oh well, you do you.
Alright bud! You're the best and get a goodnights sleep!

Alright bud! You're the best and get a goodnights sleep!

jennifer-lawrence-okay.gif

Back