Did Conor Beat Up A Wise Guy? (Mob Ties)

POWER2

My name is Power²
@Silver
Reaction score
Video Interview
http://mmajunkie.com/2017/11/ufc-dana-white-reaction-conor-mcgregor-mob-run-in-pub

LAS VEGAS – UFC President Dana White doesn’t believe reports out of Ireland that lightweight champion Conor McGregor allegedly punched a mob associate during a bar brawl.

But if McGregor did, White today told reporters, things can be worked out.

“Can’t be a good thing for Conor,” White said during a media luncheon Tuesday at UFC headquarters. “But I’m sure it can be worked out, too. Jake LaMotta’s brother beat the (expletive) out of a wise guy, too, and they figured it out.”

McGregor (21-3 MMA, 9-1 UFC) has made headlines nonstop in recent weeks and not for reasons pertaining to the octagon. Multiple reports claimed a famous Irish sports star – one specifically naming McGregor – got into a row Sunday night in a Dublin pub and punched a man in his 50s with alleged ties to organized crime.

According to the Irish Independent, the incident began when the sports star attempted to assault a young man, and the man in his 50s was punched when he stepped in to intervene. The sports star was ushered out of the club and sped away.

The report claims the older man is close to convicted drug dealer Graham ‘The Wig’ Whelan, a member of the Kinahan cartel, which has been linked to an ongoing gang war in Dublin.

White is no stranger to organized crime. He claims he moved to Las Vegas after being threatened by associates of notorious mobster Whitey Bulger. But White is skeptical things are as bad as they sound with McGregor.

“I don’t think it’s true, because if it were true, it would be big,” White said. “Conor can walk down the street, and it’s big news now. If this was true, I would just have to believe it would be off-the-charts crazy.”

White clarified that he has yet to hear from McGregor’s people for an official update on the situation. Right now, White is still trying to figure out a new contract for the UFC’s biggest star.

“If it’s true, we’ll end up finding out,” White said. “I can’t chase all these things around. If they’re true, we’ll get it figured it out, and we’ll go from there.”

The reports come mere weeks after McGregor entered the cage at Bellator 187 and assaulted veteran MMA referee Marc Goddard and a Bellator employee. McGregor later apologized for the incident.

A prior apology was in line after McGregor was caught on camera using a homophobic slur backstage at last month’s UFC Fight Night 118.

Conor's "a friend of ours" all over the world

lorenzo-fertitta-frank-fertitta-ufc.jpg

If he beat him up and down that would be gayer than aids.

I love how well-sourced your thread is. Thanks!!!

edit it wasn't sourced at all when i posted this.

Last edited:
TS seems to be in financial trouble and projects on connor

'Boston got some history about it'

<GOT4>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back