Did anyone see Moonlight?

Calley

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know its BLM appeasement but is the movie good?

I haven't seen it.

I'm more of an action / comedy guy, so I usually don't expect anything I liked to be on the nominees list, let alone win anything...

But lately it just seems like the academy is acting like a bunch of hipsters who are preserving a depth of artistic expression that the rest of us plebs will never be able to wrap our brains around...

Buncha self-important motherfuckers jerking each other's dicks off

Buddy of mine at Work said it was about a kid raised by a guy who turned him into a homo.

I didn't watch it.

I usually don't like best pic films, but I might give it a watch. I liked Arrival, even though they tried to milk the mother-daughter relationship feelz too much.

I actually didn't know it existed, until the news started circulating. If its good, I might give it a try.

Buddy of mine at Work said it was about a kid raised by a guy who turned him into a homo.

I didn't watch it.

He didn't "turn him" gay, he told him to be the man he was supposed to be, even if that was a gay man.

Good movie. LaLa Land was way better, as was Arrival.

I saw it and it was an okay movie. The story is about a struggle of a kid who is seen as a misfit as a kid. Grows up to be gangster.

It was an okay movie, I'd rank Lion and Arrival ahead of it. It fell into the same category as Hell or Highwater and Hacksaw Ridge

He didn't "turn him" gay, he told him to be the man he was supposed to be, even if that was a gay man.

Yeesh, if la la land was better, I'm glad I didn't watch it! Thanks for the warning.

You didn't see the troll post?

LOL I didn't watch a movie....It must mean everybody didn't either.....So that means it's ~gasp~ a damned dirty affirmative action {<jordan}

Only Oscar winner I watched were Moana and Suicide Squad.

Seems like charity work from the academy this year because blm made such a stink last year. Like here you go black people, there you go... here's a trophy for all your complaining. We're not racist but you think we are so here you go, take it. You're welcome.

I saw it and ended up enjoying it much more than I thought it would. The story went in some truly unexpected directions.

The acting is top notch, as is the cinematography.

I avoided this movie for a long time because I thought it was going to be shitty, but I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was.

Seems like charity work from the academy this year because blm made such a stink last year. Like here you go black people, there you go... here's a trophy for all your complaining. We're not racist but you think we are so here you go, take it. You're welcome.

I think the Academy made more effort this year to include "diverse" projects, but the truth is that regardless of any of that, Moonlight is a damn well made movie and at least deserved a nomination. I'm not sure that it deserved the win, but it did deserve some recognition.

Have you seen the film? I had no issues with Ali winning best supporting actor. Dude was amazing in the film. He carried it.

He was good, but I wanted to see Dev Patel take that one.

Dev deserved to be in a leading role. If it was best supporting, that little kid should've also been nominated who played the character as a child.

I think the Academy made more effort this year to include "diverse" projects, but the truth is that regardless of any of that, Moonlight is a damn well made movie and at least deserved a nomination. I'm not sure that it deserved the win, but it did deserve some recognition.

Have you seen the film? I had no issues with Ali winning best supporting actor. Dude was amazing in the film. He carried it.

I didn't see it, just makes me wonder if voters get insulted by racial bitching and so they just throw them a bone to shut them up. Talent based award show are so subjective anyways and I think they're all bullshit so..............

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back