Destroying the old Dave

DaveG

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Good Day Sherdog. I have come to seek your advice. After gleaning what I could from the FAQ

Wake up: Multivitamin and 500ml Water

Breakfast 7:45AM:

• Banana
  • Cereal
  • Fish Oil 1000mg X 2
  • Protein Shake w/ low fat milk
  • 500ml of Water

Calories: 497
Protein: 32 g
Fat: 6g
Carbs: 72 g
Fiber: 8 g

Snack 10:45 AM: McIntosh Apple; Calories: 90 Carbs: 22g

Lunch 12:45 PM:

• Green Beans, raw
  • Broccoli, raw
  • Boneless,skinless, chicken breast, baked X 2
  • Fish Oil 1000mg X 2
  • 1 liter of Water

Calories: 225
Protein: 32g
Fat: 4g
Carbs: 8g
Fiber: 5g

Light Workout - 1:00 PM -Heavy Bag Muay Thai, Seven 3 min rounds, 1 min rest between rounds. 30 minutes. Drank 500 ml water

Nap 1 hour from 2-3pm

Afternoon Snack - 4:30 PM - Kiwi Fruit; 500ml water
Calories: 46
Protein: 1g
Carbs: 11g
Fiber: 2g

Afternoon Snack -6:45 PM - Banana, 500ml water
Calories: 89
Carbs: 34g
Fiber: 3g

Muay Thai Training - 7:00 PM - 1 Hour, Drank 500ml Water

Dinner - 8:30PM

• Brown Rice
  • Xtra Lean Ground Turkey
  • Protein Shake
  • Fish Oil 1000mg X 1
  • 500ml of Water

Calories: 889
Protein: 96g
Fat: 20g
Carbs: 86g
Fiber: 8g

Evening Snack - 11PM - Pineapple, 500ml water

Calories: 80
Carbs: 21g

1:00 AM - Bed

Totals for Monday:

Calories: 1916
Protein: 163g
Fat: 30g
Carbs: 243g
Fiber: 30g

Estimated Calorie Burn: Approximately 3000

Deficit: 1084

Last edited:
Wake up - 7am: 500ml Water and Multivitamin

Breakfast - 7:30am:
  • Fish Oil 1000mg x 2
  • 4 Scrambled Eggs, no salt,butter,or milk
  • Protein Shake
  • 500ml water

Calories: 626
Protein: 79g
Fat: 25g
Carbs: 19g

Morning Snack - 10:45am

McIntosh Apple, 500ml water

Calories: 90
Carbs: 22
Fiber: 2

Lunch - 12:45 pm
  • Romaine Lettuce Salad w.Fat Free Ranch
  • Fish Oil 1000mg x 2
  • Croutons
  • 500ml water

Calories: 130
Protein: 2g
Fat: 2g
Carbs: 17g
Fiber: 1g

Resistance Training 1:00 pm:

Bench Press - 60 x 5, 70 x 5, 75 x 5, 80 x 5, 85 x 5

Squats - 60 x 5, 70 x 5, 75 x 5, 80 x 5, 85 x 5

Dynamic Rows - 60 x 5, 70 x 5, 75 x 5, 80 x 5, 85 x 5

Drank 500 ml water

Post workout 2:00 PM:

Protein Shake

Calories: 150
Protein: 26
Fat: 2g
Carbs: 8g
Fiber: 1g

Nap - 45mins

Afternoon Snack - 4:30pm

Kiwi, 500ml water

Calories: 46
Carbs: 11g

Dinner - 7:00 PM
  • Green Beans
  • Broccoli
  • Chicken Breast x 2
  • Fish oil 1000mg x 1
  • 1 liter Water

Calories: 248
Protein: 34g
Fat: 4g
Carbs: 14g
Fiber: 7g

Evening Snack - 11:00pm

Pineapple

Calories: 80
Carbs: 21g

Bed @1:30 AM

Daily Totals:

Calories: 1370
Protein: 144g
Fat: 33g
Carbs: 113g
Fiber: 17g

Approximate Calories Burned: 3350

Deficit: 1980

I have another site that is way better than writing this out every day. Since I put this here to have people look at it and offer advice, and received none, I see no reason in wasting my own and everyone else's time.

Thanks for the encouragement!

I do weigh ins on Wednesdays, last Wednesday I was down 8lbs to 308. My BF% was 45.3%. Today, my weight was the same, 308, but my BF% went down to 43%. Now I realize that the initial drop was probably a lot of water weight, so I can't expect big numbers each week, so I will continue to be consistant with my resistance training 3X a week, but have added an additional Muay Thai class on Fridays.

Stayed consistent with calorie deficiency and workout schedule this week, lost 3lbs (down to 305 today), and 1% body fat (down from 43%). Measurements went down by an average of 1-2" in the areas I measured. Added more weight this week for resistance training, think I will continue to do so every couple weeks. Keeping rest times short between sets and exercises low to hopefully get cardio benefits. Adding in the Friday Muay Thai didn't kill me, and I am already noticing improvements from training more. All in all, a good week.

I personally think that being too technical on the lifts is not the way forward when you have a lot of weight to lose. Keep things simple, eat whole foods and keep a detailed food log and you will be sweet.

The first thing you should be thinking about is "where is my protein' in my meals and surrounding this with healthy fats and carbs.

Good luck brother, I will be watching this with interest.

Appreciate the advice Maximus, can you elaborate more on being more "technical"? Do you mean worrying about adding weight too fast or should I be doing more reps with less weight. I started at a very low weight, and could do 5 reps extremely easily, so I've upped the reps to 8 and added 10lbs increments to each set. (65/75/85/95/105) I find I feel it more since adding more weight and reps. I am still very new at this and am tweaking what i can till I acheive optimum results.

I am staying consistent with logging my food, keeping a calorie deficit, and keeping my macronutrients at the levels I want. I am keeping with the high protein/low-to-moderate carb/low fat breakdown and I have never felt better. I don't know if it's all in my head, but since starting this journey, I have never felt better, mentally and physically. I'm never hungry, I get tired, but not utterly exhausted like before, less headaches, less knee pain, and generally enjoy life better. I can already tell that as I progress, things will only get better. This is helping with motivation.

As for an update, today was weigh in day, I lost another 1.5lbs (down to 303.5lbs) and gained 1lb of LBM according to the scale. I am trying to look at the bigger picture and be patient, a loss is still a loss. Hopefully next week I will drop below 300.

Went to Muay Thai tonight, my technique is getting a lot less sloppy and I am gassing out less. My Kru has also noticed these things as well and is pleased with my progress, as am I. My lower back is not been getting sore for the last couple weeks, I dunno if it's from the resistance training, sounder technique, stretching, I imagine it's a combination, but I am happy to be able to do my right thai kicks without wincing.

Thanks for reading. See you next week.

As of yesterday, I have officially dropped below 300lbs. This is the first time since I was in high school that I have done it the "right" way. Mixing proper diet and putting in hard work doing lifts and muay thai. Level One Goal Achieved.

Looks good man. I want to know how does one come about their calorie expenditures from exercise? I realize they are approximations, I just want to know how you are doing it?

I use a website called "Fitclick" personally. It has a food log, and an exercise log. The exercise log enables you to create your own workout routine and has the values for calories burned based on your current weight and the exercise performed. I realize that they are indeed approximate values, and keep my calories pretty low just in case their calculations are way off. I wish I could afford one of those body bugg things just to get an idea of actual burned calories, but other priorities deem it unecessary.

On Monday, March 28th, I had an appointment at, and was accepted as a patient at a Metabolic Diet Clinic. I weighed 296 lbs. The diet is very restrictive and medically supervised, (urine, bloodwork, etc) I meet with the Doctor every 2 weeks. It is essentially a low carb, low fat, low sodium, low sugar, high protein diet which is intended to induce ketosis. I kept and open mind and have stuck to the diet and have since lost 14lbs. While this is no doubt mostly water weight, I have noticed a decrease in bodyfat percentage as well. The first 2 days was hell, but I am since noticing a general sense of feeling well, sleeping better, more energy, even during muay thai which I thought would be hell without carbs/sugar.

Being that I am less than 2 weeks in, maybe this is too good to be true? Has anyone else had experience with ketogenic diets and their longterm effects/effectiveness?

Had my weigh in yesterday at the clinic. Lost 18.5 lbs these last two weeks, I now weigh 277.5 lbs. Gained some water and muscle weight, so I need to drink more water and watch sodium intake. Lost an incredible amount of fat. Went from 46% BF to 37%. Which is approximately 30lbs of fat alone. The muscle and water weight gained make up the difference. I'm in full ketosis now, and feel great!

Contratz on your massive weightloss so far! Keep it up!

Damn, those are some pretty good results. Just shows what you can achieve with proper training and the will to diet right.

Thanks for the encouraging words. Today I hit a milestone, I now weigh 269 lbs. I haven't been in the 260's since high school. So 15 years ago. Full steam ahead to 250. Then to 200lbs.

Reached 249lbs. Ramped up strength training. This is the best shape I've ever been in in my entire life. Excited to see the results of my diet and training. On to Level 3 and goal! I have about 44lbs left to lose of body fat, so depending on my LBM gains, I should be between 200 and 215.

Great work. Keep going man.

Back