Dennis Bermudez vs. Rony Jason Set For UFC Fight Night Utah

Who Wins?

• Total voters
I may be attempting some forum reverse psychology by seeming like I'm trashing the card. Many times, lackluster cards on paper end up being very exciting. Do you remember the Rockhold/Bisping 1 card in Australia in 2014? That was bananas, to use a word I heard from Gwen Stefani.

That's going to be a wild fight. It should have knockdowns, slams, scrambles, and more.

I got Bermudez by late T/KO.

Awesome fight. I like both guys and I think they'll both go for broke. I think Bermudez has routinely fought the better guys though

Huh..that Utah is focusing more on action-orientated fighters, more-so than big names. Its definitely flying under the radar. Great fight, it has FOTN potential written all over it.

All I remember about Rony Jason is that he's wearing Jason Voorhees mask and that Jeremy Stephens headkicked him into oblivion.

the one thing they have in common is a loss to stephens.. . .

FW heavy main card. Strange fight, but probably be quick and exciting - Bermudez via submission after dropping him.

This really is the strangest card in terms of matchmaking I think I've ever seen. Fitting it's it Utah

Bermudez should be able to steamroll Jason here. Dennis is an unbelievably talented FW with a non-stop gas tank and explosiveness for days, despite his relative lack of melanin. His take downs are amazing, he can crack with both hands, and he has a very unrecognized power submission game to go with it. In a Bermudez fight, you can generally predict 2 things; Bermudez will get a high crotch slam and at some point he'll be knocked down and hurt. I have honestly never seen anyone get hurt as often as him yet come back to win (usually). He has a chin much like Magny's in that it's not hard to hurt him but it proves VERY difficult to actually stop him.

Ah god, it is going to hurt if Rony beats him.
I'm a fan of Bermudez but I have some small concerns about the chin on him these days.

Back