Deconstructing MMA Myths... [Part 10] - B4 & After USADA...

gono btw

Rounds...
Banned
Reaction score
Today:

B4 & After USADA... Evolution of 18 MMA Teams´ Results.

Myth: Brazilian Teams are the ones which got worse in the USADA Era.

Source:

http://sportv.globo.com/site/combat...penho-das-equipes-no-ufc-pre-e-pos-usada.html

This survey tried to study the evolution of 18 MMA Teams´ results b4 & after the USADA Era (July 2015), analysing the 36 UFC events b4 & after July 2015. (= 72 events)

Criterias:

> Quantity of fights

> Significant Athletes in each team

> Relevance (national or international) of these fights

Results: [v= W / d=L]

3 Categories:

1/ Teams which got better:

tabela1.png

2/ Teams which had similar results:

tabela1_1_r1xQK0Z.png

3/ Teams which got worse:

tabela1_2.png

Last edited:
How can AKA be 5-8 post USADA?
DC alone is 6-0 (1) post USADA, these numbers seem way off, unless this is a limited sample size or something. Khabib has 3 wins as well.

How can AKA be 5-8 post USADA?
DC alone is 6-0 (1) post USADA, these numbers seem way off, unless this is a limited sample size or something. Khabib has 3 wins as well.
it´s not till now.

it´s not till now.
So this was only the year immediately following USADA's implementation, based on the date of the article?

Doesn't seem like the best indicator. I'd be interested to see this same analysis done over a longer period of time.

So this was only the year immediately following USADA's implementation, based on the date of the article?

Doesn't seem like the best indicator. I'd be interested to see this same study done over a longer period of time.
as stated in the OP:

"analysing the 36 UFC events b4 & after July 2015. (beginning of the USADA Era)" = 72 events

Doesn't seem like the best indicator. I'd be interested to see this same analysis done over a longer period of time.

36 events prior to USADA and 36 events after USADA.

as stated in the OP:

"analysing the 36 UFC events b4 & after July 2015. (beginning of the USADA Era)" = 72 events
Seems like a pretty inadequate timeframe to draw the conclusion you're making here though, right? The USADA era has been running for a while now. It may well be true, but I'd like to say an updated version. These are not big sample sizes.

Seems like a pretty inadequate timeframe to draw the conclusion you're making here though, right? The USADA era has been running for a while now. It may well be true, but I'd like to say an updated version.
Well, could show which team had time to adjust/counter and which team hadnt...

Oof Nova Uniao. They are the obvious candidates. If not USADA something else has gone terribly wrong there.

and Lol did Blackhouse get better because all their top UFC fighters have been suspended for much of the USADA era?

USA fighters are the number one cheaters flagged by USADA. Thats a fact.

USA fighters are the number one cheaters flagged by USADA. Thats a fact.

That's so weird considering the majority of UFC fighters are from the US and easiest to test lol.Maybe you're talking % wise.Not that I wouldn't guess that,just saying.I am pretty indifferent to the worthless ped conversation,I do like seeing statistics on things though.

Today:

B4 & After USADA... Evolution of 18 MMA Teams´ Results.

Myth: Brazilian Teams are the ones which got worse in the USADA Era.

Source:

http://sportv.globo.com/site/combat...penho-das-equipes-no-ufc-pre-e-pos-usada.html

This survey tried to study the evolution of 18 MMA Teams´ results b4 & after the USADA Era (July 2015), analysing the 36 UFC events b4 & after July 2015. (= 72 events)

Criterias:

> Quantity of fights

> Significant Athletes in each team

> Relevance (national or international) of these fights

Results: [v= W / d=L]

3 Categories:

1/ Teams which got better:

View attachment 436469

2/ Teams which had similar results:

View attachment 436471

3/ Teams which got worse:

View attachment 436473
Stats for AKA post July 2015, do not match reality.. just using 3 fighters, DC has 5 wins since July 2015, Khabib has 4 wins since July 2015, Willis has 3 wins in the UFC since July 2015. I believe the stats for TAM/UF are off too, as the team has more wins then 13, since July 2015. So it's safe to assume, the stats are off on others teams too.

Stats for AKA post July 2015, do not match reality.. just using 3 fighters, DC has 5 wins since July 2015, Khabib has 4 wins since July 2015, Willis has 3 wins in the UFC since July 2015. I believe the stats for TAM/UF are off too, as the team has more wins then 13, since July 2015. So it's safe to assume, the stats are off on others teams too.
Read carefully the OP.

@dimspace keeps the records and has this type of info broken down and highly detailed. Here is a quick snapshot of the larger gyms:
NOTE: The far right column shows the change (in Win %) Pre-USADA to Post-USADA
3JtLk1u.jpg

7SXEJXS.jpg

Look at f@cking Edmond's numbers! LOL
Goes from a win % of 82% pre-USADA to 14% post-USADA.
<Dany07>

And if you want a breakdown by country, Dims got that covered too:

Y80sqMP.jpg

[NOTE: I "hid" rows and columns in order to make these images easier to read/understand, but Dim's spreadsheet has much more detail and data than shown here]

Good stuff Mike.

Does @dimspace have a link to download these datafiles? I know he has the USADA failure table on his wordpress, but it appears I'm too dumb to find these W/L tables you're posting.

I'm doing postgrad in stats right now and it seems like it'd be fun to run some models on.

I aint no nerd.. But one thing i know about numbers. They can be twisted to mean anything.

I aint no nerd.. But one thing i know about numbers. They can be twisted to mean anything.

Oh dang son, you ain't one of those poor suckers who goofed off in science and math class, labouring under the youthful delusion that those skills would be no used to you in the "real world" are you?

"Statistical thinking will one day be as necessary a qualification for efficient citizenship as the ability to read and write." - HG WELLS

"Errors using inadequate data are much less than those using no data at all." - Charles Babbage

"Data is the sword of the 21st century, those who wield it well, the Samurai." - Jonathan Rosenberg

"Show me someone who goofed off in science and math classes and I'll show you a beta cuck snowflake." - Rum

Back