Dear Daniel Cormier: This is how to counter a left kick.....

It's funny that "juice" support jones.

<mma1>
Funny Fedor fought in an organization where there was no steroid testing and fighters were encouraged to take steroids. Oh and there were even known fixed fights.

This is why people hate Fedor, his fans are ridiculous, Crop crop always telegraph his high kick, never set it up with anything. Look what happen when he enter the ufc and people actually gameplay his headkick and took that away from him and he became useless.

Dc would easily finish a prime Fedor.

It's not just that, his training was way off. He was even in a parlaiment at the time (I think around when he lost to Randleman.)
Also, somewhere along the way he lost that killer instinct.
Watch his expression when he TKO's Sapp.
methodgetrs120q75x2y18w310h165ro0scro-cop-crocop-mirko-filipovic.jpg

That's an expression of a mindset you have to have in a fight, especially in UFC.

I think he lost that, even before UFC.

Youre under the impression if 2 great strikers fight they should not be able to hit each other?

Ask Mayweather, or his opponents.

DC made an amateur mistake, quite pathetic one at that.

Strikers fuck up their defense due to fear of takedowns, wtf fear should a wrastlin olympian have of a td attempt.

TS compares a GOAT with a paper champ

that´s bullying

Ask Mayweather, or his opponents.

DC made an amateur mistake, quite pathetic one at that.

Strikers fuck up their defense due to fear of takedowns, wtf fear should a wrastlin olympian have of a td attempt.

Mayweather is one of the greatest defensive fighters ever. Maybe the best.

Jones is a better wrestler than DC.

That's why you mix up your strikes, high low.
It's quite obvious he made a mistake . He was kod

DC would beat the fuck out of Prime Fedor.

lol I think Fedor would have beaten him easily, he was much more technical and explosive than DC. proime Fedor would have finished Jones too btw

DC ain't no Fedor... doesn't have all his skills.

Jones had been literally setting up that kick the entire fight by beating Cormier to the body and legs with kicks. Cormier thought yet another kick was going to his lower body and that's when Jones went high. Whereas, we ALL knew CC was throwing a high kick, he didn't mix up or set up the kick nearly as much. To add to that DC is about inches shorter then Jones.

Yeah, but the fact that Cro Cop could literally break your arms by blocking his kick negates all this.

And he didn't setup kicks? What? Cro Cop didn't just throw high kicks, genius.

I'm one of the bigger Jones is GOAT proponents, but Cro Cop could literally kill him in a fight.

Jones wouldn't threaten him with power, and his fancy kicks, and elbows wouldn't phase a K-1 legend. Cro Cop would leg kick him once, and Jones would be on full back pedal mode. Then it would just be a matter of time before Cro Cop landed a straight left to his jaw, or a body or high kick to finish him off.

Let's not be ridiculous. And LMAO at the people that actually believe Jones would finish Fedor in 1 round. Obviously the more hardcore Jones fanboys, but Fedor would discombobulate Jones' brain within 2-3 rounds.

Your post failed by trying to pretend like dc doesn't know how to block a high kick.
You are completely un aware tgat the high kick only landed because it was disguised as a body kick.
Cro cop didn't have as much weapons as jones, you went in that fight expecting to block high kicks, use common sense

Lol...like DC was showing great kick defense reaction in his other fights. Face it...he just didn't defend kicks like you are supposed to and didn't run into any heavy kickers, aside from maybe Rumble.

OMG I'm watching Fedor vs Cro Cop and his highlights right now, and good lord, this man is so disrespected and underrated. Prime Fedor tree nuclear missiles with such ferociousness and quickness, there's almost no way Jones could handle those blows at range, or in the clinch. No fucking way.

Shit, if Texerira could survive and land his blows against Jones, with his slow as mollases ass, Fedor would do more than a number on him. And Fedor would have a game plan for him as well, so it's not like he's going in there just fighting. He'd go in there, and land something huge within the first 30 seconds, guaranteed.

Ah. Thanks for these Mitrione gifs, what an animal!

Yeah, but the fact that Cro Cop could literally break your arms by blocking his kick negates all this.

And he didn't setup kicks? What? Cro Cop didn't just throw high kicks, genius.
Anyone can break their arm by blocking a kick. And who are all these opponents that got their arms broken by blocking a CC kick?

But also, what's your point here? We know anyone can get their arm broken blocking a kick, but what fighter isn't going to block a kick because of the slight risk they might get their arm broken? This is a silly argument and the possibility of a broken arm negates nothing.

What does the idea (that is not near fact) that CC could "break arms" negate exactly?

kicked in the arm > kicked in the head

Also, no one said CC didn't set up kicks that was you who said that. I said, " he didn't mix up or set up the kick nearly as much."

Anyone can break their arm by blocking a kick. And who are all these opponents that got their arms broken by blocking a CC kick?

But also, what's your point here? We know anyone can get their arm broken blocking a kick, but what fighter isn't going to block a kick because of the slight risk they might get their arm broken? This is a silly argument and the possibility of a broken arm negates nothing.

What does the idea (that is not near fact) that CC could "break arms" negate exactly?

kicked in the arm > kicked in the head

Also, no one said CC didn't set up kicks that was you who said that. I said, " he didn't mix up or set up the kick nearly as much."

You realize getting arms broken is why Thais lean back/fade high kicks sometimes, right? Not saying it's easy but it's definitely taught for that reason. I don't expect many MMA fighters to be doing this shit anytime soon though lol.

step-back-kick.gif

N5hnQH.gif

gif-matrix-kickbox.gif

ar56QK.gif

Ishige_v_Saenchai%5B1%5D%20(2).jpg

You realize getting arms broken is why Thais lean back/fade high kicks sometimes, right? Not saying it's easy but it's definitely taught for that reason. I don't expect many MMA fighters to be doing this shit anytime soon though lol.

step-back-kick.gif

N5hnQH.gif

gif-matrix-kickbox.gif

ar56QK.gif

Ishige_v_Saenchai%5B1%5D%20(2).jpg

Go back and read the comment of who I was replying to. The guy made it sound like CC was just breaking dudes arms nonstop. No one's denying taking a bunch of shots on your arms increases the likelihood of them break one day especially when it's all you do. This isn't Muay Thai it's MMA.

The guys argument was essentially "CC kicks breaks arms" that "negates" everything you said. Of course what he said negated nothing I said and had no real connection to the main point we were discussing.

Go back and read the comment of who I was replying to. The guy made it sound like CC was just breaking dudes arms nonstop. No one's denying taking a bunch of shots on your arms increases the likelihood of them break one day especially when it's all you do. This isn't Muay Thai it's MMA.

The guys argument was essentially "CC kicks breaks arms" that "negates" everything you said. Of course what he said negated nothing I said and had no real connection to the main point we were discussing.

While what you're saying is true, the real takeaway is that DC had bad reactions to kicks. Yes, high level fighters can get away with unorthodox techniques but nobody is teaching to defend kicks the way DC does (and not just in this fight).

Which is strange, considering he spars Rockhold a lot but I guess Luke isn't exactly known for his defense either...

As far as this being MMA and not MT, that's fine and all but it doesn't mean you can't use certain techniques from it. Is there really anyone with reactions fast enough to shoot in for a TD after missing a head kick where the other guy leans back/fades the kick?

This is not fine...
hqdefault.jpg

Counter a left Kick to the body...
5jwgom.jpg

Counter a left high Kick to the head...
fedor-vs-cro-cop-o.gif

This is how to counter when you are rocked..
29dinn4.jpg

And this is How to protect your body and head at the same time.. (Basic Kickboxing)
117869673_display_image.jpg

--------------------------------------------------Respectfully, Summoning.----------------------------------------------

I love DC, but this is still a great post.

Prime Fedor was a sight to behold. But it's 10 years ago he was in his prime.

Jones is more physically gifted and would probably be a difficult match-up for even prime Fedor.

Cormier could also win with a lay-and-pray approach I guess, although he'd have to be careful not to get submitted. I've seen him leave his arm out on top of his opponents and Fedor would've snapped it right off. Don't forget how quickly he slapped that armbar on The Hammer. It was surreal quickness.

The game is evolving, but Fedor will always be the original badass.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back