Dear Dana - I am here to fix the Reebok Deal - Really

too many licensing issues, would never work.

would be better off doing country-based shirts, or focus more on state-based especially at live events. the thing is they've got to make it nice, and they're capable of it but the stock design is just plain ugly.

ufc-205-nyc-reebok-shirt-6.jpg

ufc-205-nyc-reebok-shirt-3.jpg

ufc-205-Reebok-new-york-city-walkout-jersey-shirt.jpg

I actually really liked these shirts

Why not? The NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL all pull it off with Regional / City teams. The team logos are where the gyms, UFC, and Reebok all win. That would mean a lot more sales.

By the way... yeah those shirts are cool.

I know.. I know... a bunch of you were going to flame the shit out of me seeing that title, but after you read this... not so much? Oh dear God... please don't flame me. Actually, I don't really care if you flame me, but I think this will fix it and everyone wins.

Dear Dana,

Get Reebok to create shirts, pull overs, etc... that fans want to wear. Make one that looks like these:
2A1DDFFE00000578-3144980-image-a-27_1435689725313.jpg

.... and you won't sell shit! Are you selling much Dana? Nope?

But, if you make them regional, camp/team driven people will eat them up. I wouldn't mind wearing a shirt designed like the NFL, NBA, and MLB make them. What I mean is this, make the apparel long term relevant where you build a following. Pettis, Hendricks, and Barao are only popular so long, but if you had a shirts that had the following:

UFC Logo on the bottom left, Camp/Team in the middle, Fighter name / Camp on the back, Country Patch on the left sleeve, Reebok on the right sleeve.... you would win the clothing game.

I am from Huntington Beach, CA. Sell me a fucking King's MMA / Werdum shirt that has the King's MMA Logo prevalent.

15828bdf60ede130609328cbcc70087a.jpg

Pay the fucking teams a cut. Everyone wins. You and Reebok sell a shit load, Kings can pay to train more fighters, and the fans get something that actually doesn't look like ass.

I am sure my Canadian friends would like a bad ass Tri-Star GSP hoody.

thumb.php

I could see all the teams going for this.

• Alliance
  • AKA
  • ATT
  • Blackzillians
  • Jackson / Wink
  • Nova Uniao
  • Serra-Longo
  • Alpha Male (small size only)
  • Xtreme Couture
  • Roufa

It's time to get your marketing right and this will do it. Honestly, I would wear an MMA shirt of my favorite fighters, but the gym kicker makes it long term relevant. I don't want to be embarrassed by the shit you guys are producing to do it.

This idea is for free Dana... no charge, but you want more advice... then I will have to charge you... just send tix when you are in SoCal and we will call it even.
I'm going to be nice ... don't ever open your own business

Fucking just let fighters wear whatever they want. Reebok should be OPTIONAL.

TS, you should make yourself an Avenged Sevenfold - Kelly Slater - Team Punishment - Tito Ortiz sleeveless shirt, brah.

Why not? The NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL all pull it off with Regional / City teams. The team logos are where the gyms, UFC, and Reebok all win. That would mean a lot more sales.

By the way... yeah those shirts are cool.
As someone who has manufactured t-shirts for brands across the globe, I can tell you that licensing issues can be a real bitch.

Reebok has nominated manufacturers across the globe with good volume, they have their own testing standards, lab-requirements etc etc and they absolutely do not need to be signing new contracts for distribution rights just to get some gyms to tag along and chip away at their profit margin just for their 'name'.

The NBA is very different, the NBA governs the teams- the franchises, so there's a level of control. Reebok isn't going to be promoting Kings MMA and Tristar or what not with no affiliation- because there's a PR level of promotion at all times. If Kings MMA does shady shit, Reebok has no say over it- and that just opens them up to tons of bad press and negative feedback.

Not to mention, their contract is with the UFC and the UFC isn't going to want to promote individual gyms where fighters from other organizations train and what not- again, with absolutely no level of control... and in the manufacturing game, you've got to book your machines 3-6 months in advance to meet the numbers or even simply to keep on the production line, and while the difference here in different designs is merely at the printing stage, that shit takes a lot of time to get approved and printed as well- having to start with A4-sized design samples, sample print shirts, before mass production and then of course testing... only to have non-UFC fighter from Kings MMA go out and get into a street fight and make news while Reebok is busy selling KingsMMA t-shirts online, and neither Reebok nor the UFC have a say over it... unless of course they sign another few contracts to govern behavior and code of conduct, and not to mention disallowing those gyms to sell their own t-shirts which means no promotion for non-ufc gym-fighters... etc

this is just the simplified version of things. hope you understand what I'm getting at.

You should try to fix your diet first by considering more salad you fat fuck!

TS, you should make yourself an Avenged Sevenfold - Kelly Slater - Team Punishment - Tito Ortiz sleeveless shirt, brah.

Sweeet.

I actually have met Tito... long story short, his cousin (female) and my wife are good friends. Dude was cool enough in person. You actually meet a lot of fighters living in HB if you get out at all.

edit: Never partied with Kelly Slater, but know Rob Machado, Christian Fletcher, and Shane Dorian.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've met Tito and Chuck (separately) drinking on Main St back in the day.

I'm going to be nice ... don't ever open your own business

I have not only opened my own business, I have sold my software company and IP it to a very large IT company everyone would know. I am remain a paid consultant for most of the nation's nuclear plants and some scary DoE sites like Y12 (Manhattan Project) and Hanford (Nuclear Waste Clean Up - $17 Billion a year). What we did with data and Project Control information out of Primavera, any ERP system, and accounting system, and legacy data to create automated Earned Value and automated KPIs like Schedule Adherence, Scope Stability, and Schedule Stability saved everyone in the U.S. money on their electric bills and hundreds of millions for the DoE.

If you didn't want to read the above paragraph, in short, you are talking out of your ass. I have forgotten more about starting, running, and selling a business than you will ever know.

Yeah, I've met Tito and Chuck (separately) drinking on Main St back in the day.

Mazzattis and Taxis (real old school with Kimo) ... Hurricanes was always a big draw for the fighters of the era you mentioned, along with Sharkees. Yep! I lived on 8th Street during the 90's... surfing and partying until my wife found me, pinned my ears back, and made me be responsible. She is HB Legacy. Her father was the old school doctor. They all still know her family.

I am getting older now. But, I will be going to see Uncle Cracker with some friends this Saturday down on the sand. I got talked into it, but with good beer and good friends I am sure it will be a decent show.

I want to see fighter walking to the cage wearing Uggs.

I was all ready to come in here and throw out some shitty comment that I thought was witty...

However ... surprisingly good thread and good post. Bravo.

I have not only opened my own business, I have sold my software company and IP it to a very large IT company everyone would know. I am remain a paid consultant for most of the nation's nuclear plants and some scary DoE sites like Y12 (Manhattan Project) and Hanford (Nuclear Waste Clean Up - $17 Billion a year). What we did with data and Project Control information out of Primavera, any ERP system, and accounting system, and legacy data to create automated Earned Value and automated KPIs like Schedule Adherence, Scope Stability, and Schedule Stability saved everyone in the U.S. money on their electric bills and hundreds of millions for the DoE.

If you didn't want to read the above paragraph, in short, you are talking out of your ass. I have forgotten more about starting, running, and selling a business than you will ever know.
Cool story bro .... I bet it took you a month with that and you go around copying and pasting it ..and yes for the record I have investments involving security technology and our major buyers are Honeywell, atat, etc..

Back