Deadlifting more in weightlifting shoes

thought this was interesting... think i posted it here before...

Means you have strong quads and your back isn't long enough for the leverage to fuck you up (the leverage fucks me up)

the legendary Clarence deadlifts with oly shoes.

Chip McCain deadlifted with shoes that had an elevated toe instead of an elevated heal. He pulled around 800@198 in competition. Just something for you guys who think it's cool to pull in oly shoes to consider.

Have you tried a flat shoe with a solid sole rather than socks?

Just something for you guys who think it's cool to pull in oly shoes to consider.

I've seen people deadlift in Oly shoes but assumed it was because they were oly lifters and were clean deadlifting, or just a lifter who couldn't be fucked to change their footwear. Do people seriously consider the oly shoe to be superior for deadlifts?

I've seen people deadlift in Oly shoes but assumed it was because they were oly lifters and were clean deadlifting, or just a lifter who couldn't be fucked to change their footwear. Do people seriously consider the oly shoe to be superior for deadlifts?
No. I can't think of a single big deadlifter (800+) that pulls in oly shoes.

I have huge quads, a pancake ass and horribly inflexible ankles. I've answered my own question.

Wrestling shoes are my favorite thing to deadlift in by far. I would never DL in my weightlifting shoes, I think I'd feel like I was falling forward the whole time.

If i'm pulling conventional, i feel like i'm in a life or death fight to break the bar off the ground in Oly shoes because of the tilt

Back