DC vs. Another LHW for title makes more sense than giving him back the title

TheLastEmperorReurns

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
imo just acting like the Jon Jones ko never happened is going to be feel awkward/empty.

Putting DC up against No Time or Gustafsson imo would restore more value to the 205 lb. title.

If DC loses the opponent that beat him can at least be entertained as potentially the best LHW in the world who could have fucked up Jones if they fought (kind of like Rumble had the potential to be if he would have beat DC).

If DC wins then he becomes champ. with a recent win on our minds and his brand value restocked.

No way the UFC will give a totally unpromoted guy like Volkan a shot yet. He has zero name recognition.

Look man completely objective here.
I know it's hard to unsee the KO, because fact is it happened. But if this fight becomes a no contest, it's essentially null and void, it never happened. And again Jon disqualified himself, people need to stop trying to punish DC for Jon's mistakes.

That's unfair to DC's legacy, if this fight becomes a NC then DC's title reign time continues, rather than resetting.Thus raising his profile in ATG and P4P talks.

Last edited:
Gus/DC II for the vacant title makes the most sense once it's officially stripped.

No way the UFC will give a totally unpromoted guy like Volkan a shot yet. He has zero name recognition.
AS had no name recognition when he entered the UFC. I started watching MMA religiously in '06.

I saw this Brazilian guy that, that was a former WW, I thought Leben was about to beat up. He proceeded to murder Leben in about a minute. Then eviscerated Ace with knees. Made him look totally helpless.
That's when AS was born.

AS had no name recognition when he entered the UFC. I started watching MMA religiously in '06.

I saw this Brazilian guy that, that was a former WW, I thought Leben was about to beat up. He proceeded to murder Leben in about a minute. Then eviscerated Ace with knees. Made him look totally helpless.
That's when AS was born.
Promotion and name recognition is what it's about in this day and age. And I hate it too.

That's when AS was born.

Volkan needs to fight once on a co-main or headline a FN and get some promotion.

imo just acting like the Jon Jones ko never happened is going to be feel awkward/empty.

Putting DC up against No Time or Gustafsson imo would restore more value to the 205 lb. title.

If DC loses the opponent that beat him can at least be entertained as potentially the best LHW in the world who could have fucked up Jones if they fought (kind of like Rumble had the potential to be if he would have beat DC).

If DC wins then he becomes champ. with a recent win on our minds and his brand value restocked.

if Jones was on steroids, the fight is a no contest and DC never lost his title. Yet you want the UFC to strip him of that title as punishment for another man's mistakes? Seems reasonable...

Does it make much difference to us viewers? Whether he gets the belt back or not, his next fight will be for the title.

DC should get the title back flat out.

In theory if DC needs to pull out of his next fight are you ok with two people who aren't DC fighting for the belt? I'm not.

Back