DAZN off to a bad start

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by podsox, Sep 9, 2018.

1. podsox

podsox Silver Belt

I know bellator needed the cash but this is streaming deal isn’t looking so hot. 6500 people watched Amir khan on it last night. Unbelievable

cabear and Kung Fu Tze like this.
  2. Kingz

Kingz Gold Belt

Lol at the UFC shills like FRB now stalking DAZN in hopes that it fails simply because Bellator is on it.

I don’t think DAZN have the UK(despite being based out of there) yet, which would be important for interest in Amir Khan fights. It isn’t high stateside anymore and probably not
    Much better in Austria, Italy, Germany, etc. They got Anthony Joshua so I figure it’s just a matter of time.

Good news for the armchair promoters that they can see viewer count and continue making business threads though...or it’s just a FB stream

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    FKA, Lethal Hands, EXOICHO and 2 others like this.
  3. ccm22

ccm22 Blue Belt

It might crash and burn, but If you’re a boxing/mma fan it’s worth the $150/yr for the service. Lots of European football, too, if you like that.

4. Danespina

Danespina Gold Belt

I know during PFL everyone's numbers on facebook show something different. One guy would say 5k while someone else will say 10k. Meanwhile the CEO said 2 million people viewed PFL 4.

FKA and LHWBelt like this.
  5. Meathead Jock

Meathead Jock WAR ASKREN

Haven't followed FRB in a long time but when did he become a UFC shill? I remember him as being basically a mouthpiece for Chael (who is in Bellator). Have Chael and FRB had a falling out?

SteveColdStone likes this.
  6. cutch

cutch Orange Belt

The Fight was on Sky sports in the UK, they are not and never will move from there, Sky Sports/Sky Box Office in the UK is where Matchroom & Joshua makes all his money and Sky promote the shit out of it. They are not moving to a streaming app, certainly not in the next 5 years as they would just stop promoting it.

Mob69 likes this.
  7. CC27

CC27 Gold Belt

Bellator took the money which was smart even if it means nobody is seeing these few events.

Cause nobody is really watching their tv shows anyway but if a streaming service is gonna pay you to air some events you take it.

8. skylolow

skylolow Silver Belt

Sad thing is my guess is most of the people are on "free trial" period and not even locked in to paying yet.

P.S.: I'm not sure how FrontRow Brian got that number. I do know just because your feed says "X" amount is watching it isn't always accurate. Not uncommon to log in and off and back in and that number change by 1,000's or more on shows all in 20 seconds.

Stan, FKA and Danespina like this.
  9. Kung Fu Tze

Kung Fu Tze Skin that Smokewagon !!! Staff Member Senior Moderator

I am all for these promotions making money... but this got me thinking when they announced it. If people are going to stream why would they do it legally...

SteveColdStone likes this.
  10. Meathead Jock

Meathead Jock WAR ASKREN

DAZN was set to launch today, looks like they might miss their target date. Good thing they gave themselves some cushion before Joshua and Bellator fights air

Edit: It has since launched

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    WingsLax9042 likes this.
  11. CoachDitka

CoachDitka Green Belt

I would pay for quality if it was there. It's often hard to get a quality stream...

cabear, cheesus and Kung Fu Tze like this.
  12. skylolow

skylolow Silver Belt

Quality of the stream and lower cost, for that ease and quality is why people are willing to pay small amounts for these services.

But I think the bigger question is how many of these niche streaming service can the market bare over time. Netflix's and Amazon's of the world aren't going anywhere and they are who people turn to first for streaming. People will eventually feel they are being nickeled and dimed every month and chances are high the first services they cut off are going to be the niche.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  13. Kinger85

Kinger85 Gold Belt

the DAZN launch in Canada was a complete disaster last year. Just do a quick google search.

14. burge13

burge13 Blue Belt

Yeah he isn't a shill for the UFC. He's more pro Bellator now from what I've seen

15. SSgt Dickweed

SSgt Dickweed Brown Belt

I was about to start a thread asking how good DAZN is. Maybe they only have a marketing dilemma? Seems like a good home for Bellator and MMA in general.

16. orangecuse

orangecuse Gold Belt

Since when did that guy become a UFC shill? Because he took a screenshot of a DAZN boxing match and commented on it? It all makes perfect sense!

And isn't a Sonnen fanboy?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  17. InfinityLens

InfinityLens Black Belt

Could you post a link?

18. ccm22

ccm22 Blue Belt

19. Kleinschuster

Kleinschuster Enjoying fights

They same reason I pay for Netflix instead of downloading the stuff - for 10€ a month it's way easier with mostly better quality.

20. qw3rty

qw3rty WAMMA Belt

TS is making up the numbers, tweet says 4k not 6k :D