Rumored David Morrell vs Radivoje Kalajdzic PBC Prime Video June

i'd prefer to see morrell stay at 168. i know he's big, but he looks like the future of the division. i'd bet on him vs pretty much everyone there, including canelo and benavidez.

at 175, i'd honestly see him as a pretty big underdog for both bivol and beterbiev. there are some tough sons of bitches in that division.
You have Morrell beating Benavidez? Why?

You have Morrell beating Benavidez? Why?
because he's a monstrous athlete and a really skilled boxer. also because benavidez clearly wants none of it.

i see benavidez as a really tough guy with great volume and more than decent power. he is always the toughest guy in there, and often wins by having his opponents punch themselves out on him before he overwhelms them. he's got to be a nightmare to fight.

that said, i don't think that really works when you're faced with someone who for once holds all the physical advantages. morrell is more explosive, powerful, has a reach advantage, he's about the same height, and as far as i'm concerned he's a far better boxer.

unless morrell gasses (and that's not impossible, especially with benavidez), i think he dominates.

because he's a monstrous athlete and a really skilled boxer. also because benavidez clearly wants none of it.

i see benavidez as a really tough guy with great volume and more than decent power. he is always the toughest guy in there, and often wins by having his opponents punch themselves out on him before he overwhelms them. he's got to be a nightmare to fight.

that said, i don't think that really works when you're faced with someone who for once holds all the physical advantages. morrell is more explosive, powerful, has a reach advantage, he's about the same height, and as far as i'm concerned he's a far better boxer.

unless morrell gasses (and that's not impossible, especially with benavidez), i think he dominates.
I do agree that Benavidez is untested when it comes to quality fighters that he doesn't have a physical advantage over. That's why i think it's crazy when people say he beats Beterbiev. We definitely need to see a lot more from Benavidez to have the confidence that his die hard fans do. A minor red flag for me is that he couldn't stop Caleb Plant. Not a huge red flag, but the way Benavidez has been propped up, he should've stopped Plant if he was that guy. I mean does anybody think Plant would last more than 5 or 6 rounds against Beterbiev?

I do agree that Benavidez is untested when it comes to quality fighters that he doesn't have a physical advantage over. That's why i think it's crazy when people say he beats Beterbiev. We definitely need to see a lot more from Benavidez to have the confidence that his die hard fans do. A minor red flag for me is that he couldn't stop Caleb Plant. Not a huge red flag, but the way Benavidez has been propped up, he should've stopped Plant if he was that guy. I mean does anybody think Plant would last more than 5 or 6 rounds against Beterbiev?
anyone who thinks benavidez beats beterbiev needs their head examined.

artur absolutely annihilates him. that wouldn't be pretty, the second benavidez tries his usual shtick in the clinch, beterbiev snaps him in half like a fucking twig. david relies on his phisicality and he would be running into a brick wall with artur.

anyone who thinks benavidez beats beterbiev needs their head examined.

artur absolutely annihilates him. that wouldn't be pretty, the second benavidez tries his usual shtick in the clinch, beterbiev snaps him in half like a fucking twig. david relies on his phisicality and he would be running into a brick wall with artur.
I think Gvozdyk is tailor made for him. He's being handled well. I don't think he goes anywhere near Artur, and he'll only go up against Morell if its a high profile fight with belts and $$$ at stake. He's desperate for the Canelo fight because it's an instant profile booster, it's not even about the money with Canelo, he's young with lots of time to make money but few opportunities to fight a living legend.

I think Gvozdyk is tailor made for him. He's being handled well. I don't think he goes anywhere near Artur, and he'll only go up against Morell if its a high profile fight with belts and $$$ at stake. He's desperate for the Canelo fight because it's an instant profile booster, it's not even about the money with Canelo, he's young with lots of time to make money but few opportunities to fight a living legend.
to be honest, i'm not even sure about the gvozdyk fight. gvozdyk is same height and has a longer reach, he's a big puncher and he's a great technician. if there was no beterbiev, i think we'd all be talking about what a special fighter gvozdyk is. that beating and the layoff surely did a number on him, but i'm not entirely convinced he's all the way gone. if he's anywhere near his full ability, he might beat the shit out of david here.

the longass layoff and this being the first top level fighter he's facing since coming back is the only reason i'm not betting the house on gvozdyk. if this was gvozdyk from september 2019, i think he'd kill benavidez.

to be honest, i'm not even sure about the gvozdyk fight. gvozdyk is same height and has a longer reach, he's a big puncher and he's a great technician. if there was no beterbiev, i think we'd all be talking about what a special fighter gvozdyk is. that beating and the layoff surely did a number on him, but i'm not entirely convinced he's all the way gone. if he's anywhere near his full ability, he might beat the shit out of david here.

the longass layoff and this being the first top level fighter he's facing since coming back is the only reason i'm not betting the house on gvozdyk. if this was gvozdyk from september 2019, i think he'd kill benavidez.
Gvozdyk gets flustered & gassed when he's in against volume punchers. Gvozdyk might outbox him for a couple of rounds but I think Benavidez will get him out of there late. 10th rd stoppage.

Valenzuela was moved to the Saudi/pbc card in August to face Pitbull Cruz … let’s see who is the 4th matchup of the PPV
Just saw that late last night! Great fight, no way Pitbull/Rayo is boring. Have you heard any rumors about the 4th fight on the ppv?

Back