News David Benavidez vs Oleksandr Gvozdyk in June

It's hard to tell how Benavidez will look at LHW and how much Gvozdyk still has left. Benavidez is used to always having a significant size advantage over his opponents. He won't have that here. He'll also be in with the hardest hitter he's ever faced. Gvozdyk has his own question marks. He's about to turn 37 and hasn't fought a top guy since Beterbiev wrecked him. That was over 4 years ago. I do think that Gvozdyk will really test him though. Probably even knock him on his ass.
Its honestly one of those fights where we won't know until we see it play out. Tons of questions still here.

Would you say a mentally broken, long lay off inactive, & old Gvozdyk is a tougher fight than Morrell?

Would you say a mentally broken, long lay off inactive, & old Gvozdyk is a tougher fight than Morrell?
no idea who to choose there but i want to see morrell against benavidez and canelo. he looks like a million bucks every time i see him.

Its honestly one of those fights where we won't know until we see it play out. Tons of questions still here.

Morrell beats the shit out of Benavidez in my opinion. I offered an account bet to Roids on two occasions that if Morrell and Benavidez ever meet in the ring, Morrell will get the win, and Roids wouldn't accept. Also, for years Roids said Benavidez can't get the big fights, but when Morrell came knocking and offered them the fight team Benavidez said no thanks, and Roids said why should Benavidez take a risky fight.

Mark my words, if Morrell gets his chance vs Benavidez it'll end with Benavidez waking up wondering why his mum has left him all alone.

Morrell beats the shit out of Benavidez in my opinion. I offered an account bet to Roids on two occasions that if Morrell and Benavidez ever meet in the ring, Morrell will get the win, and Roids wouldn't accept. Also, for years Roids said Benavidez can't get the big fights, but when Morrell came knocking and offered them the fight team Benavidez said no thanks, and Roids said why should Benavidez take a risky fight.

Mark my words, if Morrell gets his chance vs Benavidez it'll end with Benavidez waking up wondering why his mum has left him all alone.
Honestly, what goes around comes around. If Benavidez wants to say Morrell has not earned a title shot against him than I guess Canelo is simply doing the same.

Hope Morrell gets a name soon. Because he is back to not even being mentioned and lesser fighters like Jamie & Belanga are starting to put together resumes or at least get the attention of Canelo & Benavidez.

He has to stay active too. Promoters absolutely suck in this buisness...

So many good to great fights around this weight to make.

Benavidez has to fight other top level guys if he wants to sell his narrative of Canelo ducking him....Plant was a great win. Booboo was not relevant, was undersized,and had been protected for years.

Hes honestly throwing away his prime if he waits for Canelo any further. A Canelo that has shown NO interest in fighting David.

I would think a Morrell fight would make more sense while still keeping Benavidez sharp but testing him substantially without the danger of going up against a high risk low reward bigger fighter. Or even just showcase stay busy fights with guys like Jamie or Belanger. Those would sell well with 2 bigger names & draws David would be favored against. But I bet none of those names move an inch until they for sure know they are out of the Canelo sweepstakes.

Canelo fighting Jermall has kind of been ruined by Jermall's battles out of the ring & his inactivity for years. If David goes on to try & fight the Bivol Biev winner, that would be totally bad ass. If he somehow emerges victorious & Canelo comes calling I hope he shuts the door on him.
lol at Morrell keeping Benavidez “busy” and “sharp”.

Thank god I thought I was only one who saw that

I wasn’t asked, but to reply you more respectfully

Yea absolutely Morrell has the IT factor for being dangerous. It might be a while before he truly gets to prove it, I think his peers know exactly what he is. Just remember Hagler said he respected McCallum to his face but he never ever EVER dared give him that fight.

I wasn’t asked, but to reply you more respectfully

Yea absolutely Morrell has the IT factor for being dangerous. It might be a while before he truly gets to prove it, I think his peers know exactly what he is. Just remember Hagler said he respected McCallum to his face but he never ever EVER dared give him that fight.

Morrell isn't exactly proven at elite level and I'm very cautious regarding eye tests but I do believe he's an assassin.

lol at Morrell keeping Benavidez “busy” and “sharp”.
Benavidez would be the favorite. Benavidez has the better pro resume by a lot. Any top level fight is going to be good for Benavidez who has entered his prime & honestly looks just as dangerous and dominant as anyone (post his notorious slow starts).
Morrell needs elite level competition before we claim he on another above a guy who's clearly on another level compared to the other top guys.

At 1st I wanted to root for Morrell because wasn't the biggest fan of Benavidez & his shortcomings in & out of ring. Also, because of the shit talking from his family. Also, because ROIDS is a total clown.

However, being in Arizona & seeing David's undeniable talent I find it hard to root against him now. He's cant miss TV.

Benavidez would be the favorite. Benavidez has the better pro resume by a lot. Any top level fight is going to be good for Benavidez who has entered his prime & honestly looks just as dangerous and dominant as anyone (post his notorious slow starts).
Morrell needs elite level competition before we claim he on another above a guy who's clearly on another level compared to the other top guys.

At 1st I wanted to root for Morrell because wasn't the biggest fan of Benavidez & his shortcomings in & out of ring. Also, because of the shit talking from his family. Also, because ROIDS is a total clown.

However, being in Arizona & seeing David's undeniable talent I find it hard to root against him now. He's cant miss TV.
Benavidez is getting talked about because people have been speculating he can give lil Canelo a good fight. Benavidez looks good a 168. LHW is a different weight class. The 168 king got whooped at LHW. He might be a fun fighter to watch, he can be the favorite all he wants and we can call it an upset but Morrell gonna knock Benavidez the fuck out if they fight.

Indeed. All we can do for now is speculate. I'm not sure the current version of Gvozdyk is a tougher fight than Morrell. I'd probably edge the latter just on youth and activity alone. Even with him there are still questions but he looks to be the goods so far. Time will tell.

Benavidez is getting talked about because people have been speculating he can give lil Canelo a good fight. Benavidez looks good a 168. LHW is a different weight class. The 168 king got whooped at LHW. He might be a fun fighter to watch, he can be the favorite all he wants and we can call it an upset but Morrell gonna knock Benavidez the fuck out if they fight.
Tell the bookies with your wallet.
You would probably get some nice odds if that ever happens.

Benavidez has earned his hype at this point by battering elite guys. He is much much much bigger than Canelo so I wouldn't be shocked if he did better at LHW against Bivol than Canelo did.

People want to see Canelo vs Benavidez because Benavidez is the best guy at 168 not named Canelo. At least until Morrell trashes some better and bigger name opponents.

Tell the bookies with your wallet.
You would probably get some nice odds if that ever happens.

Benavidez has earned his hype at this point by battering elite guys. He is much much much bigger than Canelo so I wouldn't be shocked if he did better at LHW against Bivol than Canelo did.

People want to see Canelo vs Benavidez because Benavidez is the best guy at 168 not named Canelo. At least until Morrell trashes some better and bigger name opponents.
Hopefully they fight soon then so I can win some good money! As soon as fans catch on to Morrell it’s gonna be hard getting any value the odds. Sorry, but sometimes it’s an eye test thing. I don’t think the flat footed guy who’s style relies on size is gonna do well against the equally big, already Cuban system standout who punches hard and has killer instinct/accuracy and sports a 4 inch reach advantage.

Last edited:
Hopefully they fight soon then so I can win some good money! As soon as fans catch on to Morrell it’s gonna be hard getting any value the odds. Sorry, but sometimes it’s an eye test thing. I don’t think the flat footed guy who’s style relies on size is gonna do well against the equally big, already Cuban system standout who punches hard and has killer instinct/accuracy and sports a 4 inch reach advantage.
They won't fight anytime soon. Especially if Morrell can't land any names to solidify his resume .

He should have just kept fighting at 168 a little longer even if not canelo. It would have made it more obvious that canelo was trying to duck him, now a lot of people especially casuals are gonna look at it as a good reason why canelo never fought him

He should have just kept fighting at 168 a little longer even if not canelo. It would have made it more obvious that canelo was trying to duck him, now a lot of people especially casuals are gonna look at it as a good reason why canelo never fought him

I'm a bit torn with that. From what has been said, they literally could not find any decent fights worth their time at 168. Apparently they were offered Carlos Adames a 160 pounder. The morrell stuff is up in the air, I doubt PBC would want to make that fight and waste 2 potential big stars for nothing. They tried to get Mungia and Mbilli and both were not interested. David will just be cutting less weight I hope he does not try and pack on more muscle or something which will make it too hard to get back to 168 later. I know Canelo won't fight him so he is prob done with that division now sadly.

I'm a bit torn with that. From what has been said, they literally could not find any decent fights worth their time at 168. Apparently they were offered Carlos Adames a 160 pounder. The morrell stuff is up in the air, I doubt PBC would want to make that fight and waste 2 potential big stars for nothing. They tried to get Mungia and Mbilli and both were not interested. David will just be cutting less weight I hope he does not try and pack on more muscle or something which will make it too hard to get back to 168 later. I know Canelo won't fight him so he is prob done with that division now sadly.
David doesn't need to pack on any more muscle. He just won't have to cut as much water weight to get to 175 versus 168. He's always been a naturally bigger guy draining down to make a lighter weight class. As he gets older it'll become even harder to go down so he'll be forced to fight where he actually belongs.

Anyone heard of any other fights on this card? Better stack this one if it's a PPV Al.

Back