News Darren Till will make his boxing debut against Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. on the Tyson vs. Jake Paul undercard

Who wins?

• Total voters
I don't know shit about boxing but I was impressed when Andy boxed up that Chavez guy, just based on his record I assumed Andy is some extraordinary boxing talent if he managed to defeat him.
Then, Paul melted Andy and the dream vanished.
I realized that Chavez guy probably just sucks now.

Yeah, that's about the gist of it :D

Hate to see it. Wish Chavez would focus on his recovery

I don't know shit about boxing but I was impressed when Andy boxed up that Chavez guy, just based on his record I assumed Andy is some extraordinary boxing talent if he managed to defeat him.
Then, Paul melted Andy and the dream vanished.
I realized that Chavez guy probably just sucks now.
Chavez has had a severe drug problem for years. He's been in rehab more than he's been training for like 5 years now. He's not what he once could have been.

53-6 in professional boxing and he won a WBC world title. Was he nearly as great as his dad? No. But Jr. was a very high level elite world champion. It's weird that you guys are talking about him like he's a bum jobber.

Wtf are you talking about? Chavez Jr rode his dad's coattails and got very preferable treatment, favourable matchups against bums and significantly smaller fighters.

lol at "Very high level elite world champion". No. The guy he beat for the WBC title is some random German guy who never won another fight. That was almost 15 years ago. You forgot to mention he's 3-4 in his most recent 7.

His best claim to fame is going the distance against Canelo, who was seemingly content to just coast to a decision.

You must not follow Darren Tills career. He ain't no better.

{<jordan}

Chaves still has tons more in ring experience and will still Clown on Till even after a night of hard partying. imho

Chavez Jr is basically a useless plodding journeyman at this point, who barely does anything. He's also 38.

He's probably the one name boxer who is beatable by an MMA fighter with halfway decent boxing, as Silva proved.

The same Silva who couldn't even beat Jake Paul, who couldn't even beat Tommy Fury <lmao>

Till is one of the most overrated fighters in MMA history, but especially given this fight is only 6 rounds and Chavez Jr won't even try, it wouldn't be at all surprising if Till managed to hit and run his way to a boring decision.

Yet, Till would get beaten by Jake Paul with relative ease.

I guess this means Anderson finally retired.

bradley-cooper-dude-being-sarcastic-ajlqqwb3x7rc8vzo.gif
Yes, and I was agreeing with your sarcasm

I'm kind of surprised how many people are taking JCCjr in this. He's one of the least dependable boxers in the game ... like is this guy even going to train for this fight?

I eh ... meh

oh wait money

I'm kind of surprised how many people are taking JCCjr in this. He's one of the least dependable boxers in the game ... like is this guy even going to train for this fight?

Lots of variables in this stupid fight. But you have to default to the boxer who fell off a cliff in boxing over a guy who fell off a cliff outside of boxing making his boxing debut.

It feels very weird even having to say that.

The fact we are even contemplating Jr losing to another washed up MMA fighter - at least this one isn't 100 years old - should bring both great shame and a knowing chuckle to his father.

53-6 in professional boxing and he won a WBC world title. Was he nearly as great as his dad? No. But Jr. was a very high level elite world champion. It's weird that you guys are talking about him like he's a bum jobber.
Not sure but I think I saw him do a little training with Gabi and Orlando. That was many years ago though because I was like 12 haha.

Till can't even win in his own sport how's he gonna win in another one?

View attachment 1043850
Well at least boxing Woodley 1st would be a good start. Then masvidal and then Chav? Just as far as till thinks he could beat them both now in boxing? Either way it's still a great pay Dia for him. And if Cj is still rich it's a bit like Conor giving people a red bottom cloth,5luLMf1.gif or a qb giving Tillman a free interception on a long bomb at his end zone, when the score is 49 to 2 bears down by 40.

Anyone know if Till plans to continue fighting in MMA matches? I assume he's done with the UFC at this point.
he said he wanted to come back to the UFC to get the belt... at 205 lol.

He is literally the least dependable professional I’ve ever seen. I think most would’ve learned after Silva beat him that Jr doesn’t give a fuck and never did

Haha, boxing shills in full effect with that 68% vote for Chavez. Not too long ago they were calling him a fraud before/after the Anderson fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peyman
Back