Darren Till will be the next Jon Jones, minus the drugs, steroids and drama.

Jones is once in a lifetime, cmon seriously, go ahead watch jones first fights, the shit he does with the litlle training that he had is unbelievable...
On the other hand like someone mentioned he had hard fight with Dolby. He is good and young in WW division, so dont get me wrong.
But he already missed weight once, and he is gettin' only older.
The WW division in in transition mode, and right now I dont know
how fight with Lawler would go, I would probably bet on Till....
Nevertheless Woodley would take his soul, small not muscular and not explosive Donald got him down, Tyron would smack him.

(looks up hyperbole, sees this shit thread). Sherdog.

He did look impressive. I can see him and Erick Silva fighting each other for the title one day. They're both coming up and will cross paths one day.

Shut the fuck up. He beat Cowboy, chill tf out, you're acting like he's beat every elite WW. Platinum Mike Perry is gonna take his soul.

You mean like how Mike Perry stole Alan Jouban's soul??? Like that you mean??

EXPLAIN PLEASE!

I agree. Jones had a really unusual combination of skills/natural abilities:

1) Height and otherworldly reach that he could really use in MMA (unlike Kendall Grove and other tall, lanky, awkward fighters)
2) Maybe the best MMA wrestling ever seen (it's between him and prime, pre-injury GSP)
3) Fast, strong and athletic (again, unusual for a fighter with his build).
4) Not much KO power, but very effective, unorthodox striking and use of reach/distance
5) Very good submissions...especially for a guy with minimal BJJ qualifications

Till is young and could be a great fighter, but I see very few similarities with Jones. At best, he looks like he could be a really good sprawl-n-brawl fighter.

I dunno if he will be the next Jon Jones, but I can already tell he's the new Alan Belcher with this horrible portrait tattoo on his arm.

I'm not sure if most of you are old enough to remember seeing Jon Jones coming up in the ranks, but I was. I watched him climb the ranks and he did so ever so easily. Here was this kid that must have just hit puberty 3 years prior, beating grown men who were considered to be absolute bad-asses of the sport, but not only that, he made it look easy, like a walk in the park. Not one of them ever put him in danger. I hate to reference this term, but there's really no other way of describing it, he came in like a wrecking ball.

Fast forward 9 years later.

Here we have Darren Till.

Some might say it's too early to call it, but whatever's, I'm calling it. This is the new wrecker in the sport now. The way he plowed through Cowboy is unbelievable. He made it look like a sparring session for himself.

Line up and he will go through them one by one. I don't care who it is. Lawler, Perry, or even Woodley, Darren Till would beat them all.

Im sure he will be a superstar just like Yair............

I dunno if he will be the next Jon Jones, but I can already tell he's the new Alan Belcher with this horrible portrait tattoo on his arm.

Johnny Cash >>>>>> Till's girlfriend

There, I said it. But Belcher's tat was hideous.

Its a little early to Judge imo. If he did that to Lawler or MacDonald (if he was in the ufc) I would agree. It is waaaaaay too early to call for certain.

he would probably do it to Lawler at this point

I want to see how he does against a good wrestler

English people cannot wrestle. too shit.

Till reminds me to Rory Macdonald when he came to UFC - young, confident, serious, concentrated. But despite his talent, Rory would never be a big star, because lack of charisma. Till still has the potential to be next big star if he promotes himself and his crazy inspirational story.

I never felt that much Confidence coming from Rory. A bit yeah. But overall, I don't find him to be that confident. I think Till is more confident.

he would probably do it to Lawler at this point

I want to see how he does against a good wrestler

English people cannot wrestle. too shit.
I disagree. Lawler still probably has a good chin and recovery. His defense is really underated as well, his shoulder roll is pretty damn good. He has solid power and is one of the best strikers in the WW division. I see Lawler winning by decision.

I disagree. Lawler still probably has a good chin and recovery. His defense is really underated as well, his shoulder roll is pretty damn good. He has solid power and is one of the best strikers in the WW division. I see Lawler winning by decision.

He's been through too many wars, though. He went through a period where 6 of 7 fights went for 5 rounds, including battles with Rory, Condit and Hendricks where both fighter gave/received a lot of damage. He's now 35 and probably in his 40s in fighter years. Look at his last 2 fights--1st round KO loss to Woodley then barely beat an equally worn-out Cerrone. Most people here don't realize what all that wear and damage do to a fighter. They still believe Shogun, Hendo, Hunt, etc. can win titles at the end of their careers--but it never happens.

Darren Till will be the next Jon Jones, minus the drugs, steroids and drama....and talent.

Back