Darko Stosic, Mirko Cro Cop's protégé, makes his debut at UFC Hamburg

I didn't think Crocop had any actual proteges, but Igor was his sparring buddy who he pantsed in a hotel hallway on video.

Yeah he's a exciting prospect, very tough and well rounded.
He's one of the best prospects at LHW, has a win over already ranked Antigulov too.

Reyes, Rakic, Edilov, Ankalaev (even with the loss), Menifield and hopefully Stosic inject some life into this dying division.

Very solid debut. Very interesting prospect.

I like him, he could go back to HW as well and do good there once he matures a bit. He has the speed.

I thought Serbians hate Croatian
there is alot of that as well from both sides.usually the case with older generations(they went through war and lost family members.their hate is understandable ).unfortunately there are alot of young retarded people who think its cool to hate the other side.
unless they play serbia i always cheer for croatia when they go vs anyone else.my favourite basketball player was toni kukoc and always wanted mirko to win when he fought

Last edited:
one of the most bizarre KO wins i've ever seen

14bki2a_jpg_medium.gif
Nothing Bizzare about it.

When Nick was in his prime his pace and body work made all his opponents look like they couldnt walk or move.

Hes a very unique and amazing fighter. Shame they wont pay up for him

The fact that he dropped from HW to LHW probably means he got off the juice in these past 4 months, when he got signed with UFC i thought the same and even made a tweet about it:

Now he lost some muscle/size, hopefully power still there.

Recent photos
3aaab8eff4cb9cd120301f35e5a954cb.png

c22b0aa46f29cffaaf7208eca8ead02f.png

There was six months between him signing and his debut.

My hunch is he did six months in the testing pool because of an admission when entering it

Good. Looking forward to see him advance.

BTW.. his opponent looked like a guy who plays videogames in the basement of his mothers house while listening heavy metal all day long.

Will be interesting to see what he can take.

Looking forward to his next scrap.

Cro Cop looks ridiculously huge in that 2nd picture.

I literally read the title as "Dark, Stoic, Mirko Cro Cop Protege" <45>

fits perfectly imo

Throw him back in ASAP. Maybe they can actually get the division out of hospice.

there is alot of that as well from both sides.usually the case with older generations(they went through war and lost family members.their hate is understandable ).unfortunately there are alot of young retarded people who think its cool to hate the other side.
unless they play serbia i always cheer for croatia when they go vs anyone else.my favourite basketball player was toni kukoc and always wanted mirko to win when he fought

you ever watch that ESPN 20/20 with Divac and Petrovic

Here is the true story of Darko and cro cop. You know Darko Stosic up until late 2016 did not really have a real MMA Coach, he did not even have a proper camp nor quality sparring partners. Once he had won the HW FFC champion belt, did one of his former MMA coaches encouraged him to send a request to cro cop for just training.

After 2 days of training he left and thought that was it with cro cop. Mirko has his own private gym in his house, and only has a selected 4 other fighters to train with him daily. Months have passed, when cro cop send Darko a msg for him to come and help him with sparring for RIZEN, he gave Darko an apartment to stay for free for 3 months. After that happened, Darko became a member of cro cop gym and trains there every time before he has a fight or any time he wants, Cro cops Main coach stipe dervis became Darkos coach also. Both cro cop and stipe said that Darko is an amazing incredible talent and that he is like a sponge and has improved so fast that even they were suprised how fast. They both believe he has so much potential that sky is the limit for him.

I like him, he could go back to HW as well and do good there once he matures a bit. He has the speed.
Darko said he now walks around 225 lbs in off season, but 6 weeks before a fight he starts to diet down to 215 lbs. After he made scale at Hamburg he says he was exactly 214.5 Lbs. Thats it. He says he absolutely hates cutting weight, and cutting 10 lbs of water during fight week is ok, but cutting 20 lbs+ is insanity for him and totally unhealthy, he said that he is aware that most of his opponents at 205 will probably weight 230+, but he doesn’t care cause he thinks if he is hydrated and strong he will be better than fighters who cut too much weight which i agree

An interesting addition to the LHW roster but he looked stiff and awkward on the feet in his last fight, even though he got the finish. I hope that was part of his gameplan because getting outstruck by the likes of Jeremy Kimball does not bode well for a fighter's future in the UFC.

An interesting addition to the LHW roster but he looked stiff and awkward on the feet in his last fight, even though he got the finish. I hope that was part of his gameplan because getting outstruck by the likes of Jeremy Kimball does not bode well for a fighter's future in the UFC.
Yesterday in interview he said” My very first fight in UFC i was very calm, i did not want to rush and charge him aggressively, Kimball is an unpredictable fighter and i dont really know what his strengths really were because he never got out of 1st found in UFC career so i did not know much about his arsenal, I wanted to slowly assess the situation and gradually increase my aggression, but for his mistake he thought it was good idea to shoot at me, I easily reversed him, and finished him GNP i have so much in my arsenal to show to my fans but did not get opportunity to show it yet but im very happy about my debut

Reyes, Rakic, Edilov, Ankalaev (even with the loss), Menifield and hopefully Stosic inject some life into this dying division.
Don’t forget also Bout Ion Cutelaba another crazy prospect , all of them going to be new top 5/10 in couple of years

Back