Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Souls Collection. All souls games @ 1080p, 60fps, all DLC included. Art book including concept art and expanded lore.

randy-marsh-south-park-9.jpg

I could then finally retire my Ps3. Still got it hooked up..

It would be awesome if they brought dark souls 1 to PS4 . Unlikely ,but a man can dream.

Yea that would be great I got the first one on 360 but quit because I put it on hard and it got way to hard for me.

Yea that would be great I got the first one on 360 but quit because I put it on hard and it got way to hard for me.

I quit first time I played. But I came back to it later and ended up finishing the game many times.

I quit first time I played. But I came back to it later and ended up finishing the game many times.

Yea I was pissed because I was pretty far and put so much effort into the game. I don't really think putting it on Normal would have helped much though. That game is heavily skill based and I just wasn't very good at it.

Yea I was pissed because I was pretty far and put so much effort into the game. I don't really think putting it on Normal would have helped much though. That game is heavily skill based and I just wasn't very good at it.

I dont remember there being any skill level setting in dark souls..
there is just one set level ,which is hard.

What in god's name are you talking about, putting it on "hard"? Since when does the game have a difficulty setting?

Que? Are you sure you're not talking about Dark Siders? I've never played it, maybe that game has a difficulty setting?

Que? Are you sure you're not talking about Dark Siders? I've never played it, maybe that game has a difficulty setting?

Hhhmm I could have swore there was a difficulty setting in these games. Now I'm not so sure I want to get the game. It was to hard as is so if I can't make it easier I'm screwed.

Dark Souls on PC worth the purchase?

Ah damn! Bought the 360 version a week ago...

Great game. If this includes all DLC I might buy the Ps4 version in the future.

Just started a new playthrough, still havnt actually completed it. Was planning to buy all seperate DLCs but might wait for this. Is it an April release?

[YT]YqFFaqIqokQ[/YT]

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin is more than just a "Game of the Year" edition or a new-gen remake, and while it features better graphics and all three DLC installments, it's not content to simply rehash last year's game. Instead, the new-gen version of Scholar of the First Sin reshuffles Dark Souls II from top to bottom, meaning that familiar monsters and items won't appear where you remember them (although they will on the PS3/360 versions, which include the DLC and patches, but otherwise are unchanged)
Other alterations seem to be in place mainly to keep returning players on their toes, like a new NPC Dark Phantom called the Forlorn, who can invade and attack you anywhere online play is possible. If you've built up a sense of security about your surroundings, he can show up anytime to destroy it.

The whole DX9 DX11, pay again thing really chaps my ass, especially after they said PC was the lead platform (lol), delayed the game, released a console port, and never actually acknowledged or fixed the resultant problems (e.g. double weapon degradation at 60fps) i.e. provide support. Not to mention this is gonna split the PC community (assuming people buy this new version). Unless this is like $5 for people who already own the game, you can count me out. Seems like FROM sold out pretty hard once the series became a bona fide hit.

Just dumped another 40 or so hours into this game a few months ago and with Bloodborne coming out soon I'll be passing on this. I may go back to it when I get the Souls hankering again.

I dont think its coming out until late april anyway..
prob to give Bloodborne a free run in the sales and media attention .

The release dates are too close...Bloodborne is March 24th, DS2S is April 7th...

I have a PS3 and I've never played DSII. Is this the version I should wait to purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back