Dariush's Opponent at UFC 222

Pain4Pain

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Hoping they offer Cerrone some big bucks so he could save this fight. At this point they could just make it a catch-weight, as long as someone steps up to fight him the JBG will be pleased.

<FookIsThatGuy> Dariush's last two fights did not impress me.

I agree didn't one of them end with him dropping and stretched out the like a head shot victim?
Yup.

tumblr_ompbutkd3n1r7vh24o1_540.gif

Probably Aubin-Mercier with Burns now scheduled against Lando this one makes a lot of sense

Got robbed against Dunham
Won against Barboza on the feet, got hit by a knee that would knock everybody out
Won easily against Chiesa on the feet, got submitted by a 4 inch taller and bigger weight cutter

Unlucky guy

Won against Barboza on the feet, got hit by a knee that would knock everybody out
Sorry, can't agree with that at all. Dariush went for that jab-double combination so many times, made it so fucking obvious it was almost like begging for a knee to the face. Barboza, being the superior striker, read that perfectly and delivered the best possible strike in style.

Someone who "won on the feet" doesn't make such an obvious mistake in standup and doesn't get KOd brutally.

Got robbed against Dunham
Won easily against Chiesa on the feet, got submitted by a 4 inch taller and bigger weight cutter

Unlucky guy

This. His losses don't tell the full story of his abilities. Big fan.

He was doing really well in the stand up prior, I still see potential in him.
He was way too predictable with the jab-double combo and that's what cost him the fight. Not enough fight IQ.

Back