Daren Til seems to be overrated without having proved much.

ThanosKaloritis

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I am not just talking about his unimpressive decision wins and the draw before the Cowboy fight.Even against Cowboy in what was his most impressive performance he didn't look that great.He is muai thai fighter but his stance looks more like he is karate fighter.He doesn't have a jab ,he doesn't throw kicks or knees much.His main weapon is his left hand ,which he throws as an uppercut or straight but he doesn't throw in combinations.I know this is MMA ,he isn't supposed to be throwing combos like Lomachenko but single strikes can easily get countered.I hope he beats Wonderboy but I feel the UFC is making a mistake by giving him the 1#contender of the division so soon.Someone like Ponzi ,Magny or even Robbie would be a more favorable match up.Still 100% respect to Till for stepping up and wanting to face the very best.What are your thoughts on him guys?
Thank you for taking time read my thoughts

I would much rather have seen Ponzi vs Till yesterday, but we'll see how Till can perform against the soundest striker he has ever faced in the UFC

Agree he's over-hyped but at 16-0-1 with 10 ko's and 5 straight ufc victories it's kind of hard to argue with his ranking - Cerrone is ranked #11 and he finished him. There are a lot of unanswered ??'s about him hopefully the WB fight will provide some answers although he should probably be fighting Ponzi or Magny first.

HptcOoS.gif

Last edited:
It's a long ball move by the UFC, but in reality it's low risk high reward. If he wins, we know he is the real deal and IMO he's on his way to being the next biggest UFC star since McGregor, if he loses so what he lost against the division's number 1 contender and he is still only 25.

Till has that authentic charisma that so many of the current A level fighters are missing and would be a huge boost for the UFC. Smart move by the UFC putting this fight together. With all that being said, I hope he knocks Wonderboy out in the first round.

I am not just talking about his unimpressive decision wins and the draw before the Cowboy fight.Even against Cowboy in what was his most impressive performance he didn't look that great.He is muai thai fighter but his stance looks more like he is karate fighter.He doesn't have a jab ,he doesn't throw kicks or knees much.His main weapon is his left hand ,which he throws as an uppercut or straight but he doesn't throw in combinations.I know this is MMA ,he isn't supposed to be throwing combos like Lomachenko but single strikes can easily get countered.I hope he beats Wonderboy but I feel the UFC is making a mistake by giving him the 1#contender of the division so soon.Someone like Ponzi ,Magny or even Robbie would be a more favorable match up.Still 100% respect to Till for stepping up and wanting to face the very best.What are your thoughts on him guys?
Thank you for taking time read my thoughts
You clearly have no idea. he destroyed his other opponents. apart from the injury decision to dalby.
easily hardest matchup so far. if he wins this he wins the title

Thanks for that in depth analysis there chief.
You're welcome friend, I think Till has a ok movement good timing and power. I like his muay thai and I think it can bring trouble to Wonderboy. I dont think Till is afraid of the ground in this one either✌

it's very hard to go undefeated in mma, let alone in the ufc. not only did he just dismantle cerrone, but it was in his first main event, which comes along with added pressure, media obligations, etc.

Timing has a lot to do with it.

This is the weakest WW has been in a long time

He hasn't impressed me much. Just a loudmouth kid. Hope he wins this weekend though, I want to like him though

He's been sand bagging

Okay, he's overrated. I think we have heard this a lot lately. It could be true, it might not be. Every fighter starts somewhere and he's 25 years old. Being overrated at 25 years old is a great thing imo, just means how far he's come in the short space of time. Considering the hype some of the other guys get in the division and they are almost 5-10 years older than him, he is doing something right.

How can he be overrated when he's earned to get where he is?

We won't know anything until the Wonderboy fight.

He's an entertaining talented fighter.
We should quit shitting on them.
They're rare in the UFC today.

Why are people talking about his muaythai ? Cuz he had some muaythai fights ? When i see him fight i see power punches and low kicks. He is no muaythai expert. Wanderlei and Anderson was.

i don't really know. wonder boy has had some lesser showings as well. i think the way this fight will be game planned by each fighter is fairly obvious. Till should look to push the pace and pressure, attacking and roughing up Wonderboy, probably mixing in take downs and looking to score strikes in scrambles as Wonderboy seeks an upright position. Wonder boy will look to do what he always does in countering, earning Till's respect and keeping him honest and on the outside. If Till doesn't get hurt too badly or stopped blitzing in he should be able to implement his game plan and perhaps slump Wonder boy into a gun shy defensive mindset like Woodley was able to. Till has pop but i don't think he has Woodley's explosive power. Still, it could be enough to score a win and if effective and frequent enough, a stoppage. I think Till can weather his share of his counters to maybe eat a few to score a few more. I favor Till to win.

Back