Dantas vs Higo

Themonsoon

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Two of the best BWs in mma and arguably the two best outside the ufc.

Can't be too hard on higo for the weight he came in as a replacement and has always made weight in the past.

Im a huge fan of both guys i think Dantas might take it but would like to see Higo get the win and come into bellator with a bang.

If Higo wins, BW be stuck in rematch hell for a while.

I'm just ready to see Caldwell get his shot.

Now this is what Bellator needs more of! Really great fight. Dantas is a curious case. I've been following his career since he knocked off Kojima back in Shooto, and his more recent performances, those after having been upset by Nam, have left me feeling that he has been holding back. He used to be far more aggressive and now he just kind of drifts through the fight doing just enough to win. Higo, I would say, has done the complete opposite. When he first popped up on my radar I didn't think much of his talent. His most recent fight however, raised my eyebrows to what he could be with some fine tuning. He's aggressive and his hand and footwork seem to be coming along better than I had originally anticipated. He does have holes though. His defensive BJJ worries me. He seems to find himself in extremely worrying positions with grapplers much lesser than himself. Dantas is more than capable of capitalizing on such a flaw. Dantas is the more technical striker as well, but aggression and certain intangibles, which Higo has plenty of, can get you VERY far in MMA. I think if Dantas brings out that old fire we could see Higo get stung on the feet and submitted. However, I cannot in good faith make a set in stone prediction on this fight. Should be a great scrap!

Also, on a side note, to those upset about Caldwell not getting his crack at the title yet, I would argue that this is the best outcome. Dantas-Higo is a MUCH better fight. It is just too soon for Caldwell and anything that could possible get him more experience before being thrown in with someone of Dantas' or Higo's caliber is a good thing. Recently he was upset by Taimanglo, he is in no way ready for that big a step up. Throwing prospect to the wolves is never good. Just look at hos that worked out for Jenkins...

When does the main card of this event happen live? I need to know when I have to stop sherdogging for a few hours?

Back