Danny Garcia "I'll fight Canelo! I'm better than Liam Smith. I can beat him!"

busterwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

I'd pay to watch that fight, Danny would probably be the best guy he has fought who is in his prime as of recent but I've seen danny in person, hes not a big guy. Canelo would dwarf over him. Danny would do better than most guys but I think the size advantage would be too much. Though I can see Danny landing his left hook. Man that would be a site to see, imagine if he were to land it flush? Lights out.

Canelo would beat the shit out of Garcia. Canelo is the better fighter, even if they were the same size. Then you add in the fact that he's about two weight classes bigger and it becomes a dangerous beating. Maybe he thought they were asking him about Sam Vargas.

I dont think a flush left hook would put Canelo out

I dont think a flush left hook would put Canelo out
If Cotto's left hook couldn't faze Canelo, a guy with middling power like Garcia won't do it either.

Canelo would beat the shit out of Garcia. Canelo is the better fighter, even if they were the same size. Then you add in the fact that he's about two weight classes bigger and it becomes a dangerous beating. Maybe he thought they were asking him about Sam Vargas.

This gave me a good laugh I'm kinda buzzed right now and this is exactly what I was was thinking when I read the title

Let it happen, fuck it, why not.
Put it on PBC and make one of the channels pay you for it since it would do great ratings.
After Garcia gets blasted, he shouldn't have any fear facing Thurman or the rest of the PBC brigade.

I guess Garcia is ready to cash out

He's right, he's better than Liam Smith.

But Liam Smith is a 154-pounder, and a big one at that.

Danny Garcia is not the kind of fighter that should fight bigger guys because he does not have good defense. He gets hit quite a bit by everybody he fights, which would not translate well to a fight against even an average 154-pounder. He also seems to have only average power at 147, which does not translate well to larger weight-classes either.

Would you pick Danny Garcia to beat Liam Smith right now? That's a tough prediction to make, in my opinion.

Canelo would crush him. Cotto would crush him. Lara would beat his ass too.

Counting on your power punching which was effective at 140 against guys at 154 who should probably be fighting at 160 is a horrible idea. Just because Canelo doesn't fight anyone these days doesn't mean his previous resume disappears.

I'd pay to watch that fight, Danny would probably be the best guy he has fought who is in his prime as of recent but I've seen danny in person, hes not a big guy. Canelo would dwarf over him. Danny would do better than most guys but I think the size advantage would be too much. Though I can see Danny landing his left hook. Man that would be a site to see, imagine if he were to land it flush? Lights out.

Stylistically I think Danny has problems against Canelo but if you add in the size advantage then we're looking at another GGG vs Brook.

It wont happen. And Danny is thinking the fight will be at 147lb, because you know he is the A-side with 0 losses.

Hopefully Cherry Garcia fights a top 5 WW soon (like 3-4 months soon).

Dude needs to shut up if all he is doing is fighting unremarkable guys for the past couple of years. There's no sense to be made about a guy that runs his mouth like this about name fighters and then turns around and fights whoever he is fighting next.

Back