Daniel Jacobs: If Canelo Got a Draw - Then I Beat Golovkin!

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
“I thought GGG won the fight. I'm not trying to sound like a sour puss or a guy who complains a lot but certain things are so adamant that it is kind of hard for you to not mention. If Canelo got a draw then I beat GGG," Jacobs stated.

“This is why I always stressed that they always wanted to make this fight and capitalize on this fight and it shows because a 118-110 scorecard lets you know their intentions, they are just going to do it again.

“These guys are not going to have a blemish on their record so a draw isn’t bad. I always thought that it was politics. I think that had something to do with my fight and the decision. I could be wrong. I don’t like to be one of those guys who likes to complain.

“Obviously I'm a fighter and my job is to get in there and do what I do - but if you want to know my immediate reaction, what I thought about the fight, I thought that it was fixed, I really did.”

Michael Doss is the host of ATG Radio, which airs every Monday and Wednesday. Please email any questions and comments to [email protected]

He didn't win but I understand the rest.

GGG vs Jacobs was closer than Canelos.

It's hard to say because Jacobs actually got knocked down by GGG while GGG didn't put a dent on Canelo. Perhaps both the smaller guy and the bigger guy beat GGG. Close fights.

They were close fights but GGG clearly beat Jacobs and Canelo IMO.

I do get his point. Both were great at anticipating and taking out Golovkin's right. But GGG seemed more out of his element and unable to be his usual pressuring self against Danny than he was against Canelo. I scored a Jacobs and a GGG win in the 2 fights.

I do get his point. Both were great at anticipating and taking out Golovkin's right. But GGG seemed more out of his element and unable to be his usual pressuring self against Danny than he was against Canelo. I scored a Jacobs and a GGG win in the 2 fights.
Same. The knockdown was the factor in the jacobs fight.

Jacobs had Adrien Broner beating Mikey Garcia on the cards. Which in reality was an OBVIOUS blowout for Mikey. So as much as I like Jacobs as a fighter you can't really put any stock him scoring any fight, ever.

No, Golovkin won both fights.

But I think Jacobs is all wrong for Canelo.

I agree. I thought Jacobs had a way better showing against GGG than Canelo did.

I agree 100 % the Jacobs fight was wayyyy closer

The issue with Jacobs logic is that there is none.

A long time ago they wanted to make DLH-Hopkins, but Felix Sturm was standing in between. And regardless how well Sturm boxed, they were going to give it to DLH.

Jacobs-GGG however was razor close, with Golovkin scoring a KD and rightfully won.

The issue with Jacobs logic is that there is none.

A long time ago they wanted to make DLH-Hopkins, but Felix Sturm was standing in between. And regardless how well Sturm boxed, they were going to give it to DLH.

Jacobs-GGG however was razor close, with Golovkin scoring a KD and rightfully won.

No he didn't and they wanted GGG to win

No he didn't and they wanted GGG to win

two questions:

1) Are you aware that A LOT of people had Golovkin winning? This wasn't anything like DLH-Sturm.
2) Do you have any evidence that "they" (whoever that is) wanted him to win?

I think Jacobs had GGG in more trouble at times but I thought Canelo defended better, and obviously didnt get knocked down.

two questions:

1) Are you aware that A LOT of people had Golovkin winning? This wasn't anything like DLH-Sturm.
2) Do you have any evidence that "they" (whoever that is) wanted him to win?

A lot of people had Jacobs winning

and no because I was responding to the poster who said that this was different because they wanted de la hoya to win to make the big fight. They wanted GGG to win to set up the big fight.

Wasn't hard to see that Jacobs won

A lot of people had Jacobs winning

and no because I was responding to the poster who said that this was different because they wanted de la hoya to win to make the big fight. They wanted GGG to win to set up the big fight.

Wasn't hard to see that Jacobs won

A lot of people had Jacobs winning and a lot of people had GGG winning. Very different than DLH-Sturm, where most had Sturm winning.
Just because you're among those who had Jacobs winning, doesn't mean that this is evidence for a roberry.

What 7 rounds did you give Jacobs?

Back