Daniel Cormier vs. Volkan Oezdemir Should Happen Next

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
Since Glover is now scheduled to fight Cirkunov and there are really no other light heavyweights available, this fight should happen next. The winner yes a title shot while Jones and Gus settle their beef. It would be a great chance for Volkan to solidly his place as a number one contender and a win for DC could earn him a third fight with Jones, since Jon has already said he sees the two potentially fighting again in the future. I think it's a great clash of styles and would tell us a lot about both guys. Do you like this fight and who would you have winning?

It's a good fight and DC would have to watch out in the clinch, underhook him right away or stay at distance. I'd pick DC to win a decision. I think DC would have to win more to get another shot at Jones, and their rivalry went on long enough. Time to move on.

But DC lost twice to Jones, which means he could kill contenders when paired with new opponents for Jones. Rather play it slow with Volkan to ensure he keeps winning (like that ever works out). Shogun, if he beats OSP. Maybe Pedro, if he beats Latifi. DC could take a fight at HW, while Jones fights Gus.

Cormier should retire. There's nothing really left for him to do.

That, or accept it for what it is, and take fun fights and enjoy the ride before riding off to the sunset.

Hell, there's no need to cut that much weight and starve himself. Go back to HW, eat whatever, and put in some fights before retiring on his own terms.

At this point, there really isn't anything more for him to prove.

Since Glover is now scheduled to fight Cirkunov and there are really no other light heavyweights available, this fight should happen next. The winner yes a title shot while Jones and Gus settle their beef. It would be a great chance for Volkan to solidly his place as a number one contender and a win for DC could earn him a third fight with Jones, since Jon has already said he sees the two potentially fighting again in the future. I think it's a great clash of styles and would tell us a lot about both guys. Do you like this fight and who would you have winning?
Maybe Gus-Oezdemir for the top contender spot.

No don't derail the Dark Sorcerer, give him Corey Anderson if anything.

Uh yeah there's no way DC is taking this fight. So he can angle for a 3rd fight with Jones? If DC fights again (he probably will he just started making real money) it will be a big name "money fight" probably at HW.

I had Gus winning against Jones but im more exited to see The Volkan tested against Jon.

Don't really care to see an interesting up and comer get blanketed to a decision

let him smash through a few more strikers or lower tier blankets first, let him prove that they werent flukes and that he is for real, aswell as allow him to gain more UFC calibre experience, then give him the champ

Cormier has never even won a real belt. He beat couple of washed of HWs and beat Gus and Rumble.

There is plenty for Cormier to do in MMA

DC should fight Latifi/Pedro winner, then OSP/Shogun winner and then Glover/Cirkunov winner if the wants another TS

Why kill off a contender? They usually dont match someone on a streak with someone coming off a loss

From a fan perspective those are good fights. However I think it's too soon for a DC/Jones trilogy fight and I favor both to win over Volkan and Gus.

DC needs to rest his big melon after that KO and Volkan is ready to go. Silly fight

Good fight.

Honestly wouldn't mind a 3rd Jon DC fight if it makes sense.

The most deserving fighter should get the shot and it's good that it still works that way at LHW.

There aren't many circus fights that are just cash grabs at the weight, so the title fights are mainly legit.

If Volkan can't beat DC, then he probably shouldn't be fighting for the title.

not really sensible unless he's guaranteed another shot at jones, and even then is that what people really want to see?

The only way i see jones and cormier fighting again is if Cormier grabs the heavyweight title

Letting DC shut down all possible contenders is like the worst thing UFC could do. The guy got only beat by Jon Jones in his whole career.

I think DC should fight Jimi.

Why knock out a contender, DC needs at least 2 solid wins to get back to the title.

I say Jimi first, while Oezdemir fights to stay busy. Maybe Corey Anderson or the winner of Shogun X OSP if it's Shogun :D.

Then Oezdemir gets his title shot, while DC fights the loser of Gustafsson x Jones ll. Depending on the outcome of that fight DC could be contending for the title within 2 or 3 fights.

Back