Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series Week 7: LIVE on Fight Pass 8PM ET/5PM PT PBP DISCUSSION

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
LINK to the broadcast on Fight Pass

For those of you new to the series, every Tuesday from July 11th until August 29th, top prospects and former UFC fighters will compete in a five-fight card with the opportunity to win a UFC contract. Some events, only one winner gets a contract, and others, two get that elusive contract.

dwtncs 7.jpg

Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series, Week 7!

Week 1 Winner Joby Sanchez is returning for one more shot at a UFC contract!

LHW: Anton Berzin (5-1) vs Kennedy Nzechukwu (2-0)
BW: Benito Lopez (7-0) vs Steven Peterson (15-5)
FLW: Joby Sanchez (10-2) vs JP Buys (4-1)
FW: Mike Santiago (20-9) vs Mark Cherico (11-1)
FLW: Nick Urso (10-3) vs Jordan Espinosa (10-5)

Odds as of 2:20 PM ET 8/22
dwtncs odds 7.png

Previous contract winners:
Week 1: FW Kurt Holobaugh (Round 1 KO) and BW Boston Salmon (Unanimous Decision)
Week 2: BW Sean O'Malley (Round 1 KO)
Week 3: LHW Karl Roberson (Round 1 KO) and MW Geoffrey Neal (Round 1 TKO)
Week 4: MW Julian Marquez (Round 2 KO) and FW Brandon Davis (Unanimous Decision)
Week 5: LHW Mike Rodriguez (Round 1 KO) and FLW Alex Perez (Round 1 Tech Sub - Anaconda Choke)
Week 6: MW Charles Byrd (Round 2 Sub - Rear Naked Choke) and FW Grant Dawson (Round 2 Sub - Rear Naked Choke)

According to Sean O'Malley on the MMA Hour, contracts issued to fighters will start at 10/10, for around 3-4 fights. Other winners may be called to the UFC for short notice replacements or brought back for future events.

Commentary: Dan Hellie, Yves Edwards
Alternate Commentary - Snoopcast: Urijah Faber, Snoop Dogg

Fights will start in approximately 5 hours and 35 minutes from this first posting.

Highlights from Snoopcast from Week 6:

My boy Benito is fighting! Glad to see him finally getting a step up in competition. Nervous af for him though

Pullin for Berzin.
#Team Balance Philly!

I call black

KhbLDRtH.jpg

One thing I will note, we have another 2-0 guy fighting, and although he may be a prospect he fought an 0-0 guy and a 9-9 guy, and both of those fights were 3x3 instead of 3x5.

I think fighters should have at least five pro fights and three wins before coming to DWTNCS.

One thing I will note, we have another 2-0 guy fighting, and although he may be a prospect he fought an 0-0 guy and a 9-9 guy, and both of those fights were 3x3 instead of 3x5.

I think fighters should have at least five pro fights and three wins before coming to DWTNCS.
Wow, quick research doesn't show that he's associated with any top camp which was my assumption when I saw his record

interesting
Someone should compile the last promotion each fighter who competes in DWTNCS was in

Someone should compile the last promotion each fighter who competes in DWTNCS was in
I do. Part of my database. I collect:

Winner
Odds, record coming into the fight, age, height, weight, reach, last promotion

Loser

Method of Victory
Round number
Time
Weight class
Was the fighter signed?

And from there, I also create a raw data set in case I want to run anything.

Then I have a separate stat sheet breaking down weight classes and methods of victory. 66.6% finish rate so far for DWTNCS.

I do. Part of my database. I collect:

Winner

Loser

Method of Victory
Round number
Time
Weight class
Was the fighter signed?
<5>
Awesome
are you going to post it here (or have you already and I just missed it?) when all is said and done?

We are live in a matter of seconds.

Edit: Now!

wish i had fight pass right about now..

Back