Dana White Silenced

Dana sold his part of the UFC and is now an employee worth over $350 million. Dana doesn't give a fuck.

Personally I know a lot of people hate Dana but as a business man I think he's truly incredible and is great for the UFC, without him I would imagine the UFC would struggle. The new management group has made some questionable desicons (Rousey vs Nunes fight & Promos) I'm not so sure you could ask for better management than Dana & the Fertitta's.
how would it struggle? hes shit at promoting 96% of the roster, most are unhappy with contracts, hes more than replaceable

Would be pretty epic if that happened honestly

On top of this conspiracy.

Bellator is rising and will be a big rival in the upcoming years. Just needs one or two real exciting fights to transcend their brand.

Dana White has been absent and gone more than usual. Also, if you watch his interviews as of recent; he is a lot more careful with his words. When pressed about his new managers, his response is usually paused by a moment of thinking of what he really thinks, than a blatant lie about "they are really smart, they know what they are doing" type bull shit.

In 4 years when his contracts up. He is going to get the boot and will talk mad shit about how WME IMG is ruining the sport and how they fucked everything up with their changes that he was against.

Calling it now in this thread 4 years early.

Dana White Silenced 2017 to 2022:

Dana-_White_Zipped.jpg
Nah fook Dana...

And the Frittata mafia
Aaaand the WME Hollywood management style.

Fook all of then.

I don't know Dana obviously but I know lots of guys who have sold their companies and then stuck around in exec roles. It changes things. Dana got paid out. He has some hard as fuck targets to theoretically get even more money but nothing that will move the needle for him at this point. His bosses used to be his personal friends. Now they aren't.

If he is like most people I know in that situation, the job really changes. From his perspective, it will be more bullshit with less authority for less money. He obviously loves the spotlight but it is difficult to sustain high energy day in day out when you don't have the same stake in it.

Personally, I haven't noticed a whole lot of difference. They fired Goldie and some guys who either didn't have real jobs or were not customer facing. Matchmaking and real sporting interests had been discarded a while back.

I doubt that the IMG guys view themselves as better operators of the business. Their perceived "value add" is probably branding & distribution. e.g. their connections for better sponsors, better distribution, better marketing... these are guys that can help get a Conor M on lots of different media and maybe some movie roles. So they will need Dana or somebody like him to run day to day things

Probably the best forecast of what they will do is whatever they did with the other sporting properties that they have bought in the past

Actually this started before WME. The lawsuit prompted him to reel it in. I think part of it is that he is checked out. The man got his money and now he's just doing enough to work off the incentives that the new owners built into the deal.

Dana worth double what Ari is. He doesn't have the same equity vested anymore. He still is in the spotlight as much as he ever was making headlines. Not sure where you've been

there are people on this site who love Conor.

he gave them a half dozen fights and storylines they loved.

so he is their boy-

he can do no wrong, and they want him to make his dough.

Dana gave me hundreds, maybe thousands, of fights and storylines i loved.

So in my mind,

he can do no wrong, and I hope he breaks the bank.

He's a piece of shit in many ways but I do have to give him credit for making fights happen.

Back