Dana White shares info about 300

Would be awesome if Brundage somehow wins and gets an extra 300K. Unfortunately most of the time they give it to the biggest names who need the money the least, even if lesser known fighters had fantastic performances too.

But Bo will likely get a bonus for crushing the can he was served up on a platter. Lol

It's pukeworthy if Bo gets a bonus for that. He's already gotten the biggest bonus ever by even being on this card prelim or main card included.

300K is pocket change to The Baldfather.
maxresdefault.jpg

Max is the man.
He's more than the man. When he's gone, everybody will realize the greatness that we won't get to watch a few times a year. Here is an insight to what a real superstar is made of. You can't fake this type of stuff. Some guys are just born this way. Max is one of the very few.............

Edit: On a sidenote...... the 301 looks like garbage but since Dana upped the bonuses for 300, I will buy tickets and go in person to show support. I wasn't gonna go since the card looks so bad compared to events in Newark in the past.

300k is one hand of blackjack for Dana. Not impressed because this is just a publicity stunt. Next event they’re going to go back down to 50k when in fact the bonuses should be $301k
You do know Dana White doesn't pay fighters from his personal savings & checking account right?

It's clear it's going to be one off for this event, but it would be nice just set at 100k for PPV's at least and 50k for non PPV events.

Should be 100k finish bonuses and 500k FOTN bonuses but Dana might not be able to pay 1m to youtube scammers to be his young friends.

A)This is probably a one time thing

B)If its not a one time thing its still not something fighters can depend on because bonuses are won by only a few fighters on a card.

In late capitalism whenever something isn't guareenteed people think "scam". People want security not to treated like a person based on performance incentives.
Oh fuck off you ridiculous commie. You just hate capitalism because it rewards meritocracy and you're a pathetic, lazy leech.

The $300k is a reward for hard work and performance, something you'd know absolutely nothing about.

Lol, so no, you don't have any examples of that ever happening and had to completely fabricate a complaint instead of saying "wow, that's a nice bonus" like any normal person would.

Rob Font missed weight against Chito, they won fight of the night, and Chito got both bonuses. Geoff Neal missed weight against Shavkat, and they both got fight of the night bonuses and Shavkat also got 30% of Neal's purse.

So it seems I am mostly wrong on that point but you also just showed how arbitrary it is - one time they take the bonus off the loser, the other they don't. That's the main point I was making anyway.

Suggests it is likely they have also just decided not to pay either as well and given FOTN to a less deserving fight. The problem is trying to prove a negative - they would never announce they've done it.

Anyway, I concede on that part. It's not the most important part of the argument.

It's pukeworthy if Bo gets a bonus for that. He's already gotten the biggest bonus ever by even being on this card prelim or main card included.

Honesttly, it would really look as if the UFC really wants to turn Bo into a heel and that they want the fans to hate him. Because he would definitely get a lot of hate if that happens, even if it's undeserved.

You do know Dana White doesn't pay fighters from his personal savings & checking account right?

It's clear it's going to be one off for this event, but it would be nice just set at 100k for PPV's at least and 50k for non PPV events.
"It would be nice just set at 100k for PPV's at least and 50k for non PPV events."
Have you seen the cards lately? 300 is stacked but the level of fighters is very low on many of the cards. I'm for guys like Max and Gaethje getting more money, they are underpaid. I don't agree with giving APEX card level fighters a lot of money. I actually think they should get paid low like boxing.

It's not a hill I will die on. My memory is just that there have been fights that clearly have been FOTN but not awarded it, and then you try to work out why and you realize one guy missed weight. What you say may have happened too.

The overall point is just how arbitrary it is. Aside from better overall pay, there should be standard finish bonuses. And if they want to play favorites, have 'of the night' bonuses on top of the standard finish bonus.
A lot of classic "Keep the masses divided to keep them controlled" happening. Fighters are treated like employees in all the ways that benefit the UFC and treated like Contractors in all the ways that would benefit the fighters. They don't get anything resembling a steady paycheck so its very hard to start any sort of Collective Labour organization. Even the medical coverage they have seems to end the moment they are cut but their work related issues can last a lifetime.

Every fighter who finishes their fight gets a 300k bonus. I think that's what he said at the press conference?
Damn -- if I were about to lose a decision, I'd make a gentleman's agreement with my opponent that I'll take a dive with 5 seconds left if they split the bonus

This is not just a one off event, it is establishing a data point to train their analytic models. I also think they are doing it to try to encourage finishes on this card because I don't think this card is set up for a lot of finishes. I see names and rankings but I don't see killers, young fighters with something to prove or major stakes on the line which very likely leads to lots of boring decisions.

That situation creates a great environment to test whether performance incentives will actually generate noticeable change in these fighters' behavior to be aggressive and really try to earn these big bonuses. If they do we will very likely see an across the board increase in performance incentive bonuses, but I don't think it will make a difference.

Mark Hunt thinks this is Dana's last hurrah before he goes to jail.
I've always been a Hunto fan, but man he really sounded wierd and unhinged when he was ranting on The MMA Hour all those years ago about Brock "sticking needles in his poo hole!" Either way, war Hunto.

I'm really glad the UFC followed Holloway's idea to have Mark Coleman present the belt. First, I think they should try to push that brand with a different set of rules or scoring (I'm not sure it's actually possible with the NSAC) and have a previous BMF presenting the belt to the winner.
Now I suppose a lot of fans have no idea wether or not Mark Coleman deserves to be called a BMF (outside of what he has done with that house on fire thing), I can tell you that he does big time. To me he is a BMF primarly because he got on top of the heavyweight division, fell down big and climbed his way up to be number 1 a second time 3 years later. He also fought all the biggest challenges of his time: Severn, Frye, Rizzo, Vovchanchyn, Nogueira, Fedor, Frye again, Cro Cop, Shogun... He must have one of the longest run as a top 15 heavyweight as well. He impersonated passion. And with his own demons (alcohol), tragedies (randleman's death, heart attack) and heroic moments in his private life, he has all my sympathy and he's one the guy I associate the word Legend the most with. I hope we'll get to hear him a bit on the mic as well.

I'm really glad the UFC followed Holloway's idea to have Mark Coleman present the belt. First, I think they should try to push that brand with a different set of rules or scoring (I'm not sure it's actually possible with the NSAC) and have a previous BMF presenting the belt to the winner.
Now I suppose a lot of fans have no idea wether or not Mark Coleman deserves to be called a BMF (outside of what he has done with that house on fire thing), I can tell you that he does big time. To me he is a BMF primarly because he got on top of the heavyweight division, fell down big and climbed his way up to be number 1 a second time 3 years later. He also fought all the biggest challenges of his time: Severn, Frye, Rizzo, Vovchanchyn, Nogueira, Fedor, Frye again, Cro Cop, Shogun... He must have one of the longest run as a top 15 heavyweight as well. He impersonated passion. And with his own demons (alcohol), tragedies (randleman's death, heart attack) and heroic moments in his private life, he has all my sympathy and he's one the guy I associate the word Legend the most with. I hope we'll get to hear him a bit on the mic as well.
I'm expecting them to do some sort of tribute video for him. UFC does some shady stuff but every now and then they do the right thing.

Back