Dana White Says Uriah Hall Might Be Best Ever Ultimate Fighter

haha YES! ... was pissing myself laughing .. for some reason i am seeing gideon ray's face ... was he eventually picked for the fight? lol

The full lyrics of Shonie's singing trollgram were

CHARLES MCCARTHY,
IT IS NOT YOU!

ON THIS DAY,
WE CHOOSE GIDEON RAY!

To put the whole thing in context, McCarthy's nickname in the house was Captain Miserable :icon_lol:

Wonder if Andy is stilling crying, all these years later.

bj-penn-cry-o.gif

I've heard Andy Wang's tears could save Shogun's knees.

We will have to see how he does in UFC but he has definitely shown a lot of promise.

Of course he might be , we'll see this saturday .

If Hall win , he's the best Tuffer ever (at least inside the house since , he'll need to win a belt and defend to be best Tuffer period) .

But the same could be said about Kelvin . He finished all his fight except the entry one where it was clear cut he was nervous as fawk,

But it was all decisions when Hall destroyed everybody.

That's why for me Hall is the most impressive we've seen in the house.
He was scary, he worked hard according to Sonnen, he crushed everybody with ease and his finishes will stay in minds.

Rashad was also fighting heavyweights and was only 1.5+ years into his career. Hall has been fighting for 7+ years. If Rashad (among many others) was in the house at that point in their career, they would have been cleaning up, too.

I am excited to see Hall in the UFC, but his upside is not nearly what Rashad's was.

All you guys complaining that he isn't going to do shit in the UFC might be right. The dude hasn't won yet but his finishes IN THE HOUSE have been impressive. That is all.

He could end up like jeremy lin who ran super hot for 7-8 games. The guy ended up being an above average player, but not an insanely good player like the media portrayed him as. (I know a lot of hype had to do with his history and him being asian well).

How many times do we have to go through this same thing before people begin to realize that we don't learn that much about a fighter from quick, flashy finishes? We need to see Uriah Hall in a long, hard-fought war--THAT'S when we'll know what he's really got to offer.

(Remember when Houston Alexander blitzed Jardine and Sakara, and then everyone jumped on his nuts to the extent that he was a huge betting favorite over Thiago Silva? I just rolled my eyes and collected my winnings. I love it when that happens. Quick, dominant wins don't teach us much, people.)

(Same thing happened with Sokodjou. Two quick, dominant wins over solid competition, and then....he faced adversity and fizzled out.)

I'm not saying this WILL happen to Uriah Hall. And I also realize that we have a little more to go on than these examples had, because we've heard testimony from his coaches and training partners as to how good he actually is. I'm just saying that wet dreams about him catapulting directly to the top of the division might be a little near-sighted.

Very well said, and not a lot more is needed here. I just want to add that it's also a little early to predict such things, especially when there are and have been very, very successful TUF fighters out there. Forrest, Rashad, Koscheck, and so on and so forth.

Last but least, why put so much pressure on Uriah? Why not just let him grow and prove himself? No need for redundant hype imo.

Diego brandao was the best, he finished all his opponents badly.

No way. He was just a wild dude who was able to outmuscle his opponents. I don't think his skills were anywhere near Hall and number of others who managed to win TUF.

Back