News Dana White lashes out at Stephen Espinoza, calls #Showtime exec ‘a complete phony’

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
Therein lies the problem. Not giving much of a fuck about the gate. The PPV model is still the top revenue stream in boxing as well. It represents the bulk of revenue generated and yet the sport still does big gates. The UFC is the most profitable fight promotion in the world due to their sheer size after having acquired or merged with all of their most threatening competitors. That's how they can afford to underpay their fighters. Its legality has been questioned before. They created a centralized entity so that their promotion would be synonymous with the sport of MMA. Ideal for fight fans but terrible for the fighters. It's also bad for the longevity of the sport as a whole since they created a single point of failure as a side effect.

Meanwhile boxing is a decentralized sport with top promotions located all over the globe. No boxing promoter envies Dana White. The guy used to be a boxercise instructor before he became the Fertitta's shine boy.
Thats why I brought up the fact that its rare to hear someone in boxing that is bashing Dana White, here he is literally worried about what someone else is doing when it has 0 to do with him.

Ufc made a bold move and moved in on Mexican independence day weekend when its been a boxing tradition for almost 30 years to host fights on Mexican independence day weekend and not one promoter said a word, had it been the other way around we wouldn’t hear the end of it from Dana White, the dude clearly has baby dick energy.

3 Gates of over $20 million this year!! Dang someone needs to replace Showtime boxing quickly, if Showtime is really leaving boxing.

HBO WCB and BAD > Showtime and UFC

Rip HBO boxing :(

Just when you think Showtime is dead.... They have a mega Canelo fight

Funny, if you search up Espinoza you'll see all the second rate MMA sites (not that there even is any MMA journalism above this tier) all reporting on what Dana says meanwhile nobody in boxing ever cares to bring up anything MMA related unless it's discussing some cross over fight.

Isnt it funny how Dana White has lashed out at just about everybody in boxing but dont hear as many boxing people bash Dana White?
Is Dana a failed boxing promoter? He sounds so petty when talking about boxing promoters, who for the most part, never talk about him.

Is Dana a failed boxing promoter? He sounds so petty when talking about boxing promoters, who for the most part, never talk about him.
Dana at one time tried to be a boxer, but ended up teaching Boxing aerobics classes even made a business out of it. Dana loves Tom Loeffler, and Eddie Hearn. Had problems with Stephen Espinoza when they worked together on the boxing match with Conor vs Mayweather. And had problems with both De La Hoya & Bob Arum.

This is the stupidest thing I have read all week and given the state of this place, that is quite impressive.

There are a select few boxing promoters, if any, who have a net worth equal to the bald piece of shit and none who control a company even close to the size of Ari's.

There are plenty of little fish boxing promoters around the world that would kill to be in the wife beater's shoes.

There's no need to get defensive comparing one scummy fight promoter to another and say objectively silly things.
I don't think any boxing promoter has a net worth equal to Dana actually. Dana's net worth is in the $500 million range. The richest boxing promoters are probably Bob arum and Floyd Mayweather who are in the $300-400 range

Does al haymon have any connection to showtime or is he just head of Pbc? Ive always been a bit confused on how those relationships worked. I guess promotions like Pbc, Mayweather and others just have a deal with showtime? So does showtime and Espinoza oversee those promotions as like a boss or is just a partnership kinda thing?

Does al haymon have any connection to showtime or is he just head of Pbc? Ive always been a bit confused on how those relationships worked. I guess promotions like Pbc, Mayweather and others just have a deal with showtime? So does showtime and Espinoza oversee those promotions as like a boss or is just a partnership kinda thing?
Haymon runs PBC …. Showtime it’s their tv deal … partners … Espinoza has nothing to do with PBC

Haymon runs PBC …. Showtime it’s their tv deal … partners … Espinoza has nothing to do with PBC
Well Espinoza was speaking and made appearances at both the Spence Crawford fight as well as the canelo charlo fight, yet on pbcs website they claim these fights as their own. So if Espinoza has no vested interest in Pbc why does he show up and speak at their events?

https://www.premierboxingchampions.com/

Funny, if you search up Espinoza you'll see all the second rate MMA sites (not that there even is any MMA journalism above this tier) all reporting on what Dana says meanwhile nobody in boxing ever cares to bring up anything MMA related unless it's discussing some cross over fight.

I find the same thing, even all the influencer boxing stuff, for some reason it’s all fuelled by MMA sites and MMA fans, it doesn’t look like boxing sites, media or fans even care anout that stuff at all.

"The production of the fights on Showtime is an embarrassment... "

Dana has every right to critique showtime for this. Dana can just stand and point to Powerslap to humble the crappy little production that is Showtime boxing. Dana has shifted the entire paradigm with Powerslap.

Well Espinoza was speaking and made appearances at both the Spence Crawford fight as well as the canelo charlo fight, yet on pbcs website they claim these fights as their own. So if Espinoza has no vested interest in Pbc why does he show up and speak at their events?

https://www.premierboxingchampions.com/
Because he is the head of sports of Showtime the tv partners of PBC… he has interested because PBC’s product is his outlet

Just like if the Dazn head guy goes and speaks at matchroom or golden boy shows

Rumors from Dan Rafael’s podcast today, he is very plugged in, are suggesting that he’s hearing Amazon Prime as a landing spot.

to put that into perspective, paramount plus (what showtime is getting absorbed into) only has 60M subscribers, amazon prime has 148M in the US alone

Sounds like an upgrade to me.

Rumors from Dan Rafael’s podcast today, he is very plugged in, are suggesting that he’s hearing Amazon Prime as a landing spot.

to put that into perspective, paramount plus (what showtime is getting absorbed into) only has 60M subscribers, amazon prime has 148M in the US alone

Sounds like an upgrade to me.

It’s a great business move for both companies …

I think I read Amazon will make its own sports app in the future as it secures more rights. Prime Sports sounds awesome

Back