Dana White: ‘What commission would let that fight happen?’ McGregor/Mayweather

Sounds like someone is getting a little worried that it's actually a possibility, and that the UFC won't get their cut...

I'd like to hear an experts opinion on this Ali act and how it would relate to Conor taking a Boxing fight, still sounds far-fetched to me but people keep bringing it up.

I was thinking that too. Before it never progressed past "Floyd needs to call me"

This 2 responses right here know what's up.

As a businessman Dana doesn't want this fight to happen but secretly as a fight fan/ex boxing fan I promise you 100% he would watch this fight if it goes ahead.

Lol like it matters what Dana's fight fan side wants when it comes to $$$.

Conor wants a monster proper pay day it will be like 8-10 big UFC paydays into 1 fight.

Dana wants a piece of the pie and the media attention for the company.

On the other hand he knows MMA will lose on that night, at best a vain effort can be had but nothing more .. so you are selling your sport along side your current biggest star and in the long run is it worth it ? probably not.

I honestly think if this ever got made ( it 10000% isn't happening) that just about any athletic commission would sanction it, just on the economic interests alone.

Conor would obviously get clowned in a boxing match with Floyd, lose every round handily.. but I think he's got enough of a physical advantage (size/youth/reach) and enough relative boxing skill/fight experience to not get himself killed in there.

Floyd isn't a devastating puncher (he's not exactly pillow fisted either though)

Dropping a lopsided decision for a 9 figure payday sounds like a perfectly fine idea in my book.

Conors chance of brain damage is far less against floyd than it was for toney against randy

No way, Randy wasn't going to do anything but GNP and with how inept Toney was it would have been stopped before any serious damage could be done.

McGregor is likely to be dropped at least once before the ref calls a TKO.

Maybe the same commission that approved a fight between a former UFC champion (Randy Couture) and an out of shape and past his prime (0-0 in MMA) James Toney.

“It’s fun to talk about this Mayweather fight and what might happen, but what commission would let that fight happen? Really, think about that.” Dana White said.
Maybe the same commission the allowed an old retired fake wrestler, with a series of health problems and zero combat experience of any kind to compete on a ppv card, against an undefeated prospect with extensive fight experience

7bc677cb5094fd330db38a5156d7c2d397e7f5b6_original.png

No way, Randy wasn't going to do anything but GNP and with how inept Toney was it would have been stopped before any serious damage could be done.

McGregor is likely to be dropped at least once before the ref calls a TKO.
no.

Why wouldn't they let it happen? They're of equal weight and Conor is 28 years old.
Unless McGregor is a female, and we're all out of the loop on it, there's no reason the fight wouldn't be sanctioned.

Maybe the same one that let CM Punk fight?

He said think about it alright

Conor is a multi weight world champion MMA fighter who has shown great striking in that MMA career. He also is only 28 years old. Yes they would allow it..
Strip all that away and look at the facts as they pertain to boxing and he's got a 0-0 record

In the US I'm sure Texas would allow it.
Don't thing Mayweather fights outside of Vegas though.

Let me be very clear.

Anyone who actually thinks this fight has any chance of taking place is retarded.

The fact is this....Conor knows Khabib is waiting in the wings to execute him. He knows it's the end of the road. He's attempting to distract with this nonsense, along with pretending he was planning on taking a break.

He will do everything he can to make sure he never fights Khabib. However I'm not sure if it's going to work. There is way too much interest in the fight.

I don't think Conor would win, but it'd be interesting in that Mayweather isn't a big puncher, whereas Conor hits nuclear, and there's 12 round to see if he can land one big punch imo.

Downside being the gloves, it'll take some sting out the shots and they're way easier to defend against mma gloves.
There have been many men who hit harder than Conor who tried and failed to land that magical one shot.

Conor has a 0.0009% chance at beating Mayweather dont be silly. Life long Boxers cant even beat him. I think he should have 1 loss on his record the castilo 1 fight aywyas, and you think McGregor has any chance? Conor looked very average vs a mediocre Irish Boxer.
I don't THINK he has a chance, I just said who knows. When you're winging fists strange shit can happen. I mean Buster Douglas beat Tyson. Who saw that coming?

People who think Floyd wins a decision are insane. Everything conor throws will be countered. His face would be hamburger by the end of the second round.

There have been many men who hit harder than Conor who tried and failed to land that magical one shot.
Hard to say whether they hit harder or not Conor has some special power, but I agree I agree he probably doesn't have the tools to get near mayweather, still would pay to watch him stalk him down and try haha.

Dana ducking the real question, nothing new to see here..

The US isn't the world, there are plenty of places who wouldn't care and would allow it to happen for the money.
It doesnt matter. It will never happen. Even if conor does leave and signs the fight. The ufc will block it.

Lets just say they dont. And they let the fight happen. Conor gets his 100million. The ufc will get at least 80%.

Maybe the same commission that let a supposed pro fighter with an 0 - 0 record fight in the supposed best organisation in the world you big bald fuck.

Any, the money would be huge

Back