Dana should save O’Malley for 300 and put Islam on 299

Back in November, DW announced a number of PPVs to headline the first 3 UFC events of the year. To me, the first 2 made sense, but I was confused with the booking of UFC 299s headliner between O’Malley and Vera 2.

Don’t get me wrong, this isn’t a criticism of the matchmaking (as it is the biggest matchup you could give Sean), but surely a fight of this type would have been better placed on UFC 300, which based on recent debunked reports (Mcgregor and Poatan), is looking quite thin of star power. Having a guy like O’Malley in his most heated match would really help the card from a Ppv standpoint.

Also, ufc 300, alongside UFC 200 and UFC 100, will probably draw +1mil Ppv buys if history is anything to go buy. Dana keeps expressing how big a star O’Malley is but his Ppv to date wouldn’t suggest this. Having him on a card like 300 could be the star making move that would give Daba what he’s looking for in O’Malley.

Obviously, the question arises that what you replace UFC 299s current headliner with, and the answer seems obvious. The LW champ will be inactive during Ramadan (when UFC 300 is) and has mentioned his desire to fight before then, specifically in March on the 299 card. And in regards to potential matchups, both Gaethje and Oliveira have expressed a desire to fight in Q1 of next year.

In regards to star potential, Islam averages 600000 Ppv buys, Gaethje 650 and Charles 700+. O’Malley in his only title fight to date, has between 350-570, so numbers would suggest UFC 299s Ppv would increase with this switch.

Ultimately, the UFC have a plan in mind, and we need to as fans trust the process. Just throwing my two cents in as any standard opinionated sherbro. With that, I’m curious to know what you sherbros think?
Might as well have Ronald McDonald vs The Burger King, winner gets Wendy’s affection. Amounts to pretty much the same thing.

Back in November, DW announced a number of PPVs to headline the first 3 UFC events of the year. To me, the first 2 made sense, but I was confused with the booking of UFC 299s headliner between O’Malley and Vera 2.

Don’t get me wrong, this isn’t a criticism of the matchmaking (as it is the biggest matchup you could give Sean), but surely a fight of this type would have been better placed on UFC 300, which based on recent debunked reports (Mcgregor and Poatan), is looking quite thin of star power. Having a guy like O’Malley in his most heated match would really help the card from a Ppv standpoint.

Also, ufc 300, alongside UFC 200 and UFC 100, will probably draw +1mil Ppv buys if history is anything to go buy. Dana keeps expressing how big a star O’Malley is but his Ppv to date wouldn’t suggest this. Having him on a card like 300 could be the star making move that would give Daba what he’s looking for in O’Malley.

Obviously, the question arises that what you replace UFC 299s current headliner with, and the answer seems obvious. The LW champ will be inactive during Ramadan (when UFC 300 is) and has mentioned his desire to fight before then, specifically in March on the 299 card. And in regards to potential matchups, both Gaethje and Oliveira have expressed a desire to fight in Q1 of next year.

In regards to star potential, Islam averages 600000 Ppv buys, Gaethje 650 and Charles 700+. O’Malley in his only title fight to date, has between 350-570, so numbers would suggest UFC 299s Ppv would increase with this switch.

Ultimately, the UFC have a plan in mind, and we need to as fans trust the process. Just throwing my two cents in as any standard opinionated sherbro. With that, I’m curious to know what you sherbros think?

Damn good write up but you might wanna spell check that if you're gonna send it to Dana like @Luthien suggested sir ;)

Why would they? Neither Chito nor O'Malley are draws.
It’s more about Islam. Would you rather have him fight before ramadan or wait? We know he’ll probably just have one fight if he fights after ramadan in 2024

Couldn’t Dana still be able to move O’Malley Vera to 300?

OMalley's legs are gonna hold up this time. Chitto gets stopped for the first time in his career - pin this.

Only Midgets care about Krusty the clown. Looking forward to the moment that cuck of a douchebag will lose to another midget

Mally will be scared of getting embarrassed again. He’ll choke

he went life and death with Yan and Ko'd Aljo who was supposed to choke him in 30 sec
I don't think he would be scared of a slow starting point fighter like Chito

What is the idea that Meth Clown is even a PPV draw based on?

Sterling, who has access to the numbers, claims he isn't and we have no counter-evidence to dispute Sterling.

Islam fights generate much more attention than O'Malley at this moment in time, O'Malley vs Aljo didn't sell well, Islam vs Gaethje is a much bigger fight

Islam is fighting on UFC 299 the day before Ramadan he will definitely not fight during Ramadan.

Chito slow starting ass is not koing anybody lol
Did you see the first fight? O'malley got wrecked in 10 seconds from guard.

Fighters improve, but O'malley has never done great against people with a chin even back in his ammy career.

They had to ignore 9 blatant fouls for him to scrape past Yan in a dodgy decision. He caught Aljo, but there is a reason he won't take the rematch against someone who actually deserves one for a change.

Islam fights generate much more attention than O'Malley at this moment in time, O'Malley vs Aljo didn't sell well, Islam vs Gaethje is a much bigger fight
LW championship fights are always bigger events than 135 and always will be. It’s a more stacked division.

0*OB4BSJrDXdvewC6O.gif
Put the full gif up where he grabs the wrong part of his shin for the injury he apparently sustained...

Dude was carrying on like he had an Anderson Silva leg break after he was KO'd off his back.

He has form for it...

Back