Dana scared of Floyd vs Conor; Floyd reacts and blasts Dana about fighter pay

I don't know how true it is but one guy said if the UFC even got close to 40% it would put them out of business is there any truth to this?

They would have to scale back on the extra expenses. Major League Soccer players were recently complaining about travel because it's not private(whining babies). I imagine the Ufc would have to cut out the extra expenses , maybe the extra events and release about a 100 fighters as well.

Ufc will eventually pay better after the new tv deal. They're banking on $400 million per year and Fox Sports head guy recently said he will renew the deal.

And there's nothing in boxing like the Ufc to even compare the structure. Last time I've check, the pound for pound best in boxing made less than Mighty mouse.

I'm not intimately familiar with the UFC's finances, but I'd be extremely skeptical of such claims. This is the same company that can afford to pay their chief executive almost 4% of the total revenue per year (as per estimates). Compare that to any other major sports league or even major companies (most receive well under 1%). Maybe 40% would be pushing it (I sincerely doubt it) because the structure of the UFC is bizarre and inefficient beyond belief (or something of that nature), but even then, there is a whole hell of a lot of middle ground between 13 and 40%.

Yea I think they can pay more just not sure how much more. I hate these conversations sometimes cause all this shit is confusing as hell to me and I have to rely on other people to explain it and trust that they know what they are talking about. Reminds me of going to the car mechanic. I just have to trust this asshole knows what he's talking about and isn't ripping me off.

They would have to scale back on the extra expenses. Major League Soccer players were recently complaining about travel because it's not private(whining babies). I imagine the Ufc would have to cut out the extra expenses , maybe the extra events and release about a 100 fighters as well.

Ufc will eventually pay better after the new tv deal. They're banking on $400 million per year and Fox Sports head guy recently said he will renew the deal.

And there's nothing in boxing like the Ufc to even compare the structure. Last time I've check, the pound for pound best in boxing made less than Mighty mouse.

The UFC is a crooked niche entertainment business.

...it's absolutely not a "sport".

The UFC is a crooked niche entertainment business.

...it's absolutely not a "sport".

sport
spôrt/
noun
  1. 1.
    an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

Yea I think they can pay more just not sure how much more. I hate these conversations sometimes cause all this shit is confusing as hell to me and I have to rely on other people to explain it and trust that they know what they are talking about. Reminds me of going to the car mechanic. I just have to trust this asshole knows what he's talking about and isn't ripping me off.

One of my best friends is a mechanic. It really does reduce my stress levels knowing that I'm not going to be played.

One of my best friends is a mechanic. It really does reduce my stress levels knowing that I'm not going to be played.

Yep my dad was a mechanic for about 15 years before he became an engineer (they start young in his country). So thankfully I have him around.

Yeah, when I see a fighter who regularly fought elite competition from 1998 to 2015 over 5 weight classes without losing, the first thing I think is that guy must be a bitch.

Oh, my bad. I wasn't aware that he fought anybody ever. I thought he boxed them. You know, that highly limited sport filled with people who talk shit about MMA but are bitches when it comes to stepping into the ring with a real fighter.

Oh, my bad. I wasn't aware that he fought anybody ever. I thought he boxed them. You know, that highly limited sport filled with people who talk shit about MMA but are bitches when it comes to stepping into the ring with a real fighter.

I really do appreciate the mid 00s TUF-era vibes I'm getting from your posts. Boxing is for bitches (except Tyson, he's the greatest ever, but he doesn't count as a boxer).

Floyd is in the convo as greatest boxer of all time. The Keebler elf is a Zuffa puppet who isn't considered great by anyone other than his fan base, the Shertard basement dwellers.

I really do appreciate the mid 00s TUF-era vibes I'm getting from your posts. Boxing is for bitches (except Tyson, he's the greatest ever, but he doesn't count as a boxer).

Nope. I started watching in '96 renting VHS from Blockbuster and Hollywood. The first event I attended live was in '99. But none of that has anything to do with the fact that it's kind of bitch to not step into a ring with a fighter under highly modified rules (no ground fighting, just kicks and elbows).

Nope. I started watching in '96 renting VHS from Blockbuster and Hollywood. The first event I attended live was in '99. But none of that has anything to do with the fact that it's kind of bitch to not step into a ring with a fighter under highly modified rules (no ground fighting, just kicks and elbows).

Shit, so you don't even have an excuse for being an idiot.

Back