Damn what happened to Hector?

Does advancing in the cage no longer count as scoring in a fight? Call me crazy, but I had Hector winning that fight.

I saw him walking/ducking into step knees all fight long, eating a bunch of shots when he was able to grab hold of the leg, and generally outworked for most of the fight.

Effective striking > octagon control

He didn't seem like he "wilted" here, just wasn't good enough to compete with Hendricks. He basically tried to wait to counter all night and didn't really have any offense of his own.

Not really that different from his previous UFC MW loses then.

I think prime Lombard would have made some serious noise, but at 170.

Prime Lombard could never have made that cut, he had to drop a ton of mass to compete there, and it was still a very large cut.

He didn't seem like he "wilted" here, just wasn't good enough to compete with Hendricks. He basically tried to wait to counter all night and didn't really have any offense of his own.

He's been fighting like that for a long while now. He just walks guys down, waits for them to swing, counters, rinse/repeat.

Well when you get knocked the fuck out like Hendo did to him I'd assume it might make you a little hesitant like hector looked at a lot of points in this fight

He turned 39.
USADA and no more bellator cans

The first 3 responses pretty much summed up the question. Alexander Shlemenko wasn't a can, but if anyone remembers that fight Lombard struggled a bit and couldn't get a finish. Lombard has never beaten top 10 fighters even before the UFC, he lost soundly to Gegard Mousasi, he went to a draw with Kyle Noke, and his biggest career win before the UFC was Alexander Shlemenko.

He knocked out Palhares which in retrospect isn't all that impressive, he knocked out Marquardt who was pretty well washed up by that point and he and he struggled to win a decision vs a 35 year old Jake Shields ( who Lombard if anyone is tailor made to beat ). The Shields win is the biggest win of his entire career by far.

he looked the same as he did nearly 5 years ago when he fought Boetsch and lost a split decision.

Is he like Cerrone, a bully fighter that wilts under pressure everytime?

He looked unstoppable before the Hendo/Neil/Hendrick fights.....

Makes me sad...I was a huge supporter and thought he was the best prospect out of the SF/Bellator era

He turned 39, USADA, he started fight crème de la crème, he's short. Reach, height is a HUGE factor.

He is almost 40.

Also he looked good vs Hendricks. He definitely won the 1st round (the 30-27 scorecard was BS) and the second round was close he arguably won the fight it could have gone either way and Hendricks while past his best is still far from a bum

Is he like Cerrone, a bully fighter that wilts under pressure everytime?

He looked unstoppable before the Hendo/Neil/Hendrick fights.....

Makes me sad...I was a huge supporter and thought he was the best prospect out of the SF/Bellator era
He ahhhhh got busted for steroids 4 fights ago... do the math bruh

He started fighting real competition

USADA = NO PED's = the real Hector Lombard = mediocre fighter.

USADA and fighting a thick dude he can't overpower and outwrestle nor bully and KO. Those are hard to find outside of the UFC in that division.

No steroids

One of the most overrated fighters

Back