Cyborg - Nunes fight agreed for 7th July, UFC 226 in Las Vegas - official confirmation pending

Ghost in the Dark

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

cris-cyborg.jpg

amanda-nunes-1-640x360.jpg

There was an issue with the other thread so this is the official thread for discussion of this matchup.

UFC must have made the money right for Cyborg to take this, July 7th in Vegas is primetime, looks like it's going to be on a massive card.

Cyborg batters Nunes.

Cyborg's social media accounts are hardly reliable sources.

So Cyborg agreed with her management to fight on July 7th, Nunes and the UFC have not yet.

Hate it when they stretch things out to "international fight week" fucking 6 months out, like McGregor Aldo. Just get it done for 224 ya goofs

Hate it when they stretch things out to "international fight week" fucking 6 months out, like McGregor Aldo. Just get it done for 224 ya goofs

And again the Fight Week event is going to be a disappointment if this is the big fight.

Hopefully the UFC goes all out this year for their biggest card with a champ vs. champ theme with four main events

-Khabib/ Tony vs. Conor
-Stipe vs. DC
-Cyborg vs. Nunes
-TJ vs. DJ

And yes I know its unlikely.

greatest mma fight ever made if it s true
good luck to both of them
i pick cyborg by tko in the fourth

Hey goof, cyborg just had fight not even 3 weeks ago. She is one the most active fighters. 6 mths not big deal for active champ to fight. After cyborg beats nunes, there no big fights her. Might as well take the time to promote this fight.

Based on this it looks like Amanda is only going to defend her belt once in a 24 month period (she’s probably going back to 135 regardless).

We are going to go from having three 135 LB womens title fights, in ‘15 and ‘16 to one in ‘17 and one or none in ‘18

So Cyborg agreed with her management to fight on July 7th, Nunes and the UFC have not yet.
This, it is basically saying I gave the UFC my terms. Main event on one of the big cards of the year for $xxxxxxxxxxxx. So she can then complain if the fight doesn't happen.

I dont think they announce a fight 6 months out, although they did do it for gsp vs bisping. I dont think this fight happens yet.

Hey goof, cyborg just had fight not even 3 weeks ago. She is one the most active fighters. 6 mths not big deal for active champ to fight. After cyborg beats nunes, there no big fights her. Might as well take the time to promote this fight.
I said it's a long time to have a fight BOOKED for you GOOF
Especially when there's nothing booked for the 2 ppv's before it

Back