Locked Cyberpunk 2077 **Delayed**(Release: December 10th, 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good question...

I just unlocked the suppressor for shotguns in Ghost Recon Wildlands and I call it the *Cough* of death.

lol, I never even bothered with close range. AI was so dumb most of the time you could just snipe.

Damn good stealth sandboxing though, when all the hud elements are turned off. Then it becomes insane at night, with only the noise of footsteps and other noises to guide you.

A question popped into my head just now.

I'm planning to do a stealth run in my first playthrough. Has ANY preview, gameplay vid, or trailer shown or mentioned silenced weapons?

I don't think I've seen a single silenced weapon in the trailers, what did interest me is in the latest trailer how "normal" the guns looked, I'm a big fan of realistic guns and was glad to see how they looked.

Don't mean to be an ass, but after reading so much stuff from die hard AMD fans that did put a little smirk on my face.

Turns out the 3070 was the ideal choice for me and should get me RT Ultra settings at 1440p.

And now that we have leak games, I guess it really is happening (for the 3rd time)? Can't wait.

Don't mean to be an ass, but after reading so much stuff from die hard AMD fans that did put a little smirk on my face.

Turns out the 3070 was the ideal choice for me and should get me RT Ultra settings at 1440p.

And now that we have leak games, I guess it really is happening (for the 3rd time)? Can't wait.

TBH out of the 3 of my friends that I know have Ray Tracing cards none of them even turn it on. I'm not really sure if I care if my next card has good ray tracing or not, Can't miss something you've never had as the saying goes.

TBH out of the 3 of my friends that I know have Ray Tracing cards none of them even turn it on. I'm not really sure if I care if my next card has good ray tracing or not, Can't miss something you've never had as the saying goes.

Well the tech itself is great but didn't make much sense so far. We'll see if that changes with this generation of cards/consoles, max RT settings on a mid-range card definitely sounds like a good start.

Well the tech itself is great but didn't make much sense so far. We'll see if that changes with this generation of cards/consoles, max RT settings on a mid-range card definitely sounds like a good start.
I have been working with RT for about 5 years and it kills your computing performance I imagine even on the latest cards like 3060/3070/3080/3090 and AMD RX 6800 will put a sizable penalty on frame rates. A lot of the use of RT is limiting the amounts of use except in areas where it makes the most sense like windows, automobile reflections and such to go into people's glasses and water reflections could be carrying it to far depending on environment. Some of this could be fixed using software updates on the drivers and game animations.

This is the thing many are wondering... How much better will CP2077 run on PS5 over PS4 at launch? (Same with XB1 over XBX)

Basically, we only know it will be 'upgraded,' but how much? And how much of an improvement will the 'next gen' update will it be?

As of now, I'm betting the PS5 version at launch will just be a 4K resolution with slightly better textures at 30FPS.

They'll save the 60FPS and Ray Tracing for the 'next gen' update.

And it sounds like they're not going to be taking a long break. They have that update, the expansions, and the multiplayer (releasing in 2022, supposedly) to work on.

Not to mention they have Witcher 4 on the horizon.

That said, after a year of 48-hour work weeks, they deserve a break.

There isn’t going to be a ps5 version for a while. Instead you’ll be able to play the PS4 version on ps5 via backwards compatibility. Like many backward compatible games running on ps5 it will likely mean no adjustments to resolution, but possibly a boost to frame rate like most PS4 games running on pa5, so I’m anticipating 1080p/30fps on PS4 that will run at 1080p/60fps on ps5.

The eventual ps5 “upgraded” version will likely be a boost to visuals like 4K and possibly ray tracing.

I have been working with RT for about 5 years and it kills your computing performance I imagine even on the latest cards like 3060/3070/3080/3090 and AMD RX 6800 will put a sizable penalty on frame rates. A lot of the use of RT is limiting the amounts of use except in areas where it makes the most sense like windows, automobile reflections and such to go into people's glasses and water reflections could be carrying it to far depending on environment. Some of this could be fixed using software updates on the drivers and game animations.

Benchmarks are out there now. The 3000 series can handle it pretty well now depending on your other settings of course. The 6800 did not handle it well at all.

The new AMD cards can’t do ray tracing for shit.

minecraft-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back