Custom Gloves: Ringside, BillBoxing, Zepol

Mate, I will try and explain you why your comparison to custom Winning doesn't make sense imo.
Gloves/headgears/cups/ANY gear are NOT about colours. But about performance.
When topboxer's gloves will be comparable to Winning in terms of performance I will gladly be comparing them to custom Winning. Till then even comparison to standard colours Winning (I was applying) is completely ridiculous.

Imagine Lamborghini making their cars only in 4 colours and the exactly one single complectation (which they believe is the prefect one). And imagine you have BMW making their cars in many fancy colours and complectations. Then imagine the cost is almost the same. Are you going to compare them? Or are you going to say "WTF?! How can you compare them? Lamborghini offers only one complectation and 4 colours for this price."

Till the performance of the padding isn't comparable any comparison is out of the question. Topboxer's gloves are just VERY nice IMF gloves.
And it's absolutely unimportant whether they are worn by Canelo, Ironman or Donald Duck. In terms of the used foams = performance/protection they are incomparable to Winning.

Beside it even from the pictures it's obvious the craftmanship of Winning is superior to them (though topboxer's gloves are very nice anyway).

But the very high price (180) forces one to compare them to Winning. The COST.

What they might be compared to are high end IMF gloves offered by other brands. Ringside Heritage mainly. Though I have never used topboxer's gloves, so I cannot tell whether they are comparable with Heritage and I am not going to pay 180 to judge it.

Last edited:
Topboxer
Since I do not know whether you have ever seen Winning gloves, I must say they use exceptional quality materials. The leather is not "the highest grade", it is simply ideal.
Winning gloves are leather? Or am I misunderstanding and you're talking about Bill's gloves?

Winning gloves are leather? Or am I misunderstanding and you're talking about Bill's gloves?

Yes mate, Winning gloves definitely ARE genuine leather.
The finest cowhide I have ever seen (I have seen all the brands).

Last edited:
Yes mate, Winning gloves definitely ARE genuine leather.
The finest cowhide I have ever seen (I have seen all the brands).
I have Winning headgear, but don't currently own any gloves. I remember reading that the gloves were synthetic leather, but apparently that is only the "soft type." I didn't realize all others were genuine leather.

shihtzu,

how do you feel about the quality of Grant gloves in terms or their leather, padding and construction vs their price. I'm thinking about saving up for some (it'll take a really long time) just so i can see what all the fuss is about! Does Grant's quality justify its $425 price against a $308 custom Winning?

Again, in my opinion, I think Bill gets way way too much heat and Grant gets away with it all because

1. His company has been around longer (which implies it's "proven")
2. Mayweather, Canelo, etc...sport his gear (which also implies it's "proven")

But I still have to argue that a newer company can rival an established one if the skill and craftmanship is there. Grant was once a fledgling company going against Reyes, and now Grant costs over twice as much.

shihtzu,

how do you feel about the quality of Grant gloves in terms or their leather, padding and construction vs their price. I'm thinking about saving up for some (it'll take a really long time) just so i can see what all the fuss is about! Does Grant's quality justify its $425 price against a $308 custom Winning?

Again, in my opinion, I think Bill gets way way too much heat and Grant gets away with it all because

1. His company has been around longer (which implies it's "proven")
2. Mayweather, Canelo, etc...sport his gear (which also implies it's "proven")

But I still have to argue that a newer company can rival an established one if the skill and craftmanship is there. Grant was once a fledgling company going against Reyes, and now Grant costs over twice as much.

Honestly I would even rather spend 180 on Bill's gloves than 425 on Grant (I would hardly do any of this though).
Grant leather is very good, stitching is excellent, padding is a shame for the price.

Grant price has nothing to do with the quality imo The quality doesn't exceed Reyes and is inferior in any area comparing to Winning. Every aspect of Winning is better than Grant. So actually the fact Grant custom gloves cost much more than custom Winning is an irony itself.

In my opinion Grant prices are just a strategy (beside higher profits) how to make people believe they are great, exceptional (and make even more profits because of this illusion).
300 bucks for standard colours compressed latex "super" bag gloves?! OMG! Seyer used to cost 100 and used to be of a way better quality (unfortunately they are gone now).

Agreed about the new companies. For me only the quality is important. I would never be afraid comparing some good new company to any of the old except Winning (most importantly because of the padding).

Mate, do not waste your hard earned money on Grant! :) Grant is rich enough already :icon_lol:

Nothing.......exactly nothing.

:icon_lol:

From "send us your address ....we got some gear we'd like you to test" to "uh...lets just make that a discount" to crickets chirping.

This guy has been a complainer, negative poster from the very beginning, but hasn't got the balls to write me and take advantage of my offer...............For those that have bought our gear and are happy with all, we thank you.

For those that love to hear themselves blow wind...............You be the judge.

I'm looking forward to the old school style gloves you guys are gonna be making soon, I have a few pairs of Shevlin that I love... If ya need to send a pair out to review I'd be glad to do it! :)

I wanted to ask a question though, I know you guys make trunks but could you make a pair that are similar to the pair JMM wore again Katsidis but shorter like a pair of vintage style trunks? I have shorter legs and I prefer shorter trunks haha

This guy has been a complainer, negative poster from the very beginning, but hasn't got the balls to write me and take advantage of my offer...............For those that have bought our gear and are happy with all, we thank you.

For those that love to hear themselves blow wind...............You be the judge.

wow

LOL Bill... Ive bought your gear and I love it but your reply to kounter (I think thats who you addressing) is the wrong way to go about things. Even if he's wrong, you shouldnt have blown him up that way.

I understand why Bill would be upset. I would be as well. He offers this guy a pair of gloves for free, he doesn't take the offer, which is really up to him, but keeps on talking smack!?!?! What for?

I understand he is upset, that doesnt excuse him from reacting that way. Im a fan of Bill's--but not of this specific action.

lol

This guy has been a complainer, negative poster from the very beginning, but hasn't got the balls to write me and take advantage of my offer...............

Really ?

Btw we'll see where your "offer" stands shortly.

I understand why Bill would be upset. I would be as well. He offers this guy a pair of gloves for free, he doesn't take the offer, which is really up to him, but keeps on talking smack!?!?! What for?

what does free gloves have to do with instances of shoddy craftsmanship / shitty customer service / price gouging ?

LOL Bill... Ive bought your gear and I love it but your reply to kounter (I think thats who you addressing) is the wrong way to go about things. Even if he's wrong, you shouldnt have blown him up that way.

Dunno why you surprised.
These kinda classy customer relations is how BB has built up their "name".

Edit : I'll admit though Topboxer has certainly improved his tone and definitely put on a more professional air.
A thumbs up to him.

Bill Beaulieu and topboxer,
have you spent your life in some isolated monastery? You show an absolute lack of empathy towards Kounterpunch. He simply does not like Pakistani gear. He is prejudicial because he likes and trusts Mexican gear, Winning etc. And this is definitely his right. 99% of his posts about your gear are purely sarcastic. Some of them are true a bit (generally in obvious things though, things which go without saying), but in general his criticism is NOT constructive at all. And this is his right, it's just an internet forum in the end.

Your effort to send him free gear or offer a discount is absolutely ridculous and pointless. If not silly. Why? Read above.

And as for Mr. Beaulieu, with respect, dividing people into 2 categories:
1) your happy customers,
2) (here I am exaggerating a bit) ungrateful blind idiots
is (at least) strange.

Just my 2c.

No kidding, Id be more than happy to review some mitts :D

KP definitely trolled you guys. You should just block him and move on.

Back