Current Woodley vs prime Hughes - how does it go?

• Thread starter Deleted member 549255
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 549255

Woodley is a horrible match up for prime Hughes.

Woodley uses his elite TDD to stuff Hughes’ TDs and KOs Hughes in the 1st round.

What do you think?

Woodley snuffs the takedown and lands a right cross, finishes it up with G&P.

Hughes has no chance agaisnt any top wrestler who came after him... they can hold their ground and even colby has better hands then Hughes. A striker like wonderboy would kill him, it would be uglier than the Hendricks fight.
Hendricks, Koscheck, Colby, Woodley would fuck him up, he is too unidimensional, he is old mma.

Matt Hughes would be frantically looking for a takedown while Woodley will be throwing bombs.

Bad match for GSP and even a worse match up for Hughes.

Cmon anyone with common MMA knowledge knows how that plays out. Woodley by KO in the first, maybe the second out of respect for Matt's durability and heart. Modern Woodley is a nightmare matchup for any fighter who's primary tool of offense is wrestling.

Last edited:
Woodley is found sobbing with his pants around his ankles behind the barn

I'm not even sure Hughes would win a grappling-only match, much less one where Woodley was allowed to bash his skull in.

<6> That’s a rough match up for Hughes even in his prime. Even K-1 Hughes would be tentative in the stand up knowing that mean right hand from Woodley is coming.

Woodley.
<6> That’s a rough match up for Hughes even in his prime. Even K-1 Hughes would be tentative in the stand up knowing that mean right from Woodley is coming.

I think this version of Woodley is a tough match-up for anyone, even Rory. At the same time, Rory is a scary match-up for Woodley.
But styles make fights and MMA math goes down silly illogical paths so I digress.

Hughes is the man...

But Woodley would be the better wrestler, he would be the far superior striker, he would be WAY faster, and way more powerful overall.

Basically, it’s an ass beating that would show just how far the sport has evolved...

It’s a lot.

My thread was wastelanded cuz even the mods know how bad of a domination this fight would be.

846AB705-AB77-494E-A04F-B74F89827BCA.gif

UntriedOrderlyIrishwaterspaniel-size_restricted.gif

This prime vs prime threads are incredibly stupid. You cannot compare a pioneer that was creating the sport with a current fighter who already knew how to train, which strategies are better. Its just nonsense.

Hughes might be able to pull it off at his very best on his best night ever for sure. He was strong and maybe stronger then wood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back