Crypto Megathread v17 - Schrödinger's Cat

Rob Battisti

HR for HR
@Steel
Reaction score
V16 -

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/crypto-megathread-v16-only-the-strong-survive.4198707/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: This is a karate sub-forum. None of what your about to read should be taken as investment advice.

FAQs, Resources & Terminology:

New to Crypto? Welcome! In this thread, we discuss the world of Crypto, potential upcoming market changes and generally have a good time encouraging each other to make lot's of money.

Never take anything any of us say as financial advice. EVER.

Please.

Also, this is a very supportive community, no question is too noob to be asked. We are here to help!

Don't know where to start? Here is a good Youtube channel which covers most of the basics.

Finematics:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh1ob28ceGdqohUnR7vBACA

Cryptocurrency A cryptocurrency (or “crypto”) is a digital currency that can be used to buy goods and services, but uses an online ledger with strong cryptography to secure online transactions.

Blockchain Blockchain is a system of recording information in a way that makes it difficult or impossible to change, hack, or cheat the system. A blockchain is essentially a digital ledger of transactions that is duplicated and distributed across the entire network of computer systems on the blockchain.

Smart Contract A smart contract is a self-executing contract with the terms of the agreement between buyer and seller being directly written into lines of code. The code and the agreements contained therein exist across a distributed, decentralized blockchain network. The code controls the execution, and transactions are trackable and irreversible.

What is Decentralized Fiance or DeFi?

What are Liquidity Pools?

What is Yield Farming?

HODL is a term derived from a misspelling of "hold" that refers to buy-and-hold strategies in the context of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.

Shitcoins refer to coins that are highly volatile, do not offer any substantial technological advantages and are unlikely to be traded in years to come.

ICO (Initial Coin Offering) An initial coin offering (ICO) is the cryptocurrency industry’s equivalent to an initial public offering (IPO). A company looking to raise money to create a new coin, app, or service launches an ICO as a way to raise funds

Stablecoin Stablecoins are cryptocurrencies designed to minimize the volatility of the price of the stablecoin, relative to some "stable" asset or basket of assets. A stablecoin can be pegged to a cryptocurrency, fiat money, or to exchange-traded commodities

APY - Annual Percentage Yield

Mooning or Moonbag Mooning refers to a coin shooting upwards at an alarmingly fast rate. Also can refer to a coin multiplying by a factor of 2x+ in the future. Moonbags are your holdings of a coin you believe will ‘moon’.

Staking - Simply put, staking is the act of locking cryptocurrency assets to receive rewards.

https://academy.binance.com/en/articles/what-is-staking

Do Your Own Research - As previously stated, nothing you read should be taken as serious investment advice. As such, do your own research! All of the gains you make can disappear just as quickly.

**NOTE** MOST OF THE "CRYPTO EXPERTS" ON YOUTUBE ARE GRIFTERS. DON'T BELIEVE THEM AT FACE VALUE!**

www.livecoinwatch.com — free web based platform to track your portfolio holdings. This is useful if you hold multiple coins over multiple wallets or exchanges. This is the site where you see us posting those boxes showing our holdings.

Exchanges: **note: all exchanges suck. The interfaces suck. The offerings are usually limiting and they will frustrate you**

Coinbase: One of the most widely used exchanges to serve basic crypto trading. Pros: it’s easy to get started, soon to be a publicly traded company and fairly intuitive interface. Cons: limited tradeable assets, KYC so you have to give identification to trade, limited yields

Voyager: Non-KYC exchange where you can buy more elusive, but popular coins such as VET.

Binance: another very popular exchange. If in the United States use Binance.US Pros: lots of listings, widely used and fairly intuitive Cons: foreign managed and lots of hoops to jump through to get started get started.

KuCoin: a platform where psychopaths somehow manage to trade for coins which have extremely high mooning potential.

Overview of Staking ETH: https://decrypt.co/68991/staking-re...eferral&utm_campaign=feed&utm_source=coinbase
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gratz Sol holders.

NFT's are popping spite if you like/understand or hate em.

Stephen Curry has a BAYC as his twitter avatar and it's huge. 25 eth is the floor atm.
LTrumEwl_400x400.jpg

I opted to put my vet into crypto.com. earns 7 vet a day, which is better than a kick up the bum.. no vtho tho

We're going to 52k this week.

Or maybe down to 45k

If neither of those then somewhere in between 45 and 52k

Not financial advice.

Another example with NFT's and what hype will create.

About ten days ago I could have grabbed a couple of these 0N1's he's talking about for .3 and .5 eth... I didn't snag em and could have turned that into 10-12 full eth as of right now from .8 + gas.

People are flipping these like crazy, Open Sea is getting a onslaught of traffic with hundreds of millions of eth transactions daily. This NFT craze was unexpected and is putting a serious damper on eth's hard fork. Pretty fascinating tbh.
I'll let you guys know how much money I lose. ;)

WILD going wild again...$3.03 ath (first mentioned it sub 80 cents). They just got listed on Kucoin, have an airdrop (free tokens) coming for WILD holders, and launching supercar NFTs you can race, NFT fashion, art marketplace, and social network next month (and property sales in their metaverse in October). This is on fire, and just getting started. Broke top 300 on marketcap rankings today - likely in the top 100 by year end.

https://www.wilderworld.com/

Last edited:
Alright my dudes. I’ve been pretty casual in terms of safely holding my portfolio, it’s literally all in my coinbase wallet lol. All I’m holding right now is BTC, Eth, sol and Algo. Seeing my monies go up I want to get a more secure wallet now. What do my sherbros recommend?

Alright my dudes. I’ve been pretty casual in terms of safely holding my portfolio, it’s literally all in my coinbase wallet lol. All I’m holding right now is BTC, Eth, sol and Algo. Seeing my monies go up I want to get a more secure wallet now. What do my sherbros recommend?

I have a Nano-X

I got it and a Nano-S on sale from W00t. I knew I wasn't going to be bailing on Crypto anytime soon so I snagged them. There's also a Trezor but I don't have one of those. Look into both as I think they're both viable options for off-line storage.

I enjoy metamask. I would look into sending the ALGO to the official ALGO wallet for the APY and the rest to a wallet like Metamask.

@Strychnine I am considering a cold wallet like you, but I think I’ll get one during the bear. I want a little more agility before I go cold.

Back